Yeti SB-66

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gripo

Eats Squid
So help me here CS.....

I can operate a KS dropper via a XO shifter?

.......shifter might weigh more than the KS switch though, especially if it's the Lev C....

ChopSticks

Banned
I can operate a KS dropper via a XO shifter?

.......shifter might weigh more than the KS switch though, especially if it's the Lev C....
Yeppp! Essentially any infinite travel, cable actuated dropper will work with the shifter hack
works with both SRAM and Shimano shifters, with 2x preferable over 3x (longer pull before it clicks over)

Yes the shifter weighs a fair bit more (110g+) but I dont like the adjustment of the stock odi clamp remote, nor the new southpaw remote (44g~) as I found the throw too short/heavy.
As much of a weight weenie as I am... I still put ergonomics in front.

Only thing I would consider now is a Specialized RSL remote which looks
super sleek....and light!

teK--

Eats Squid
I really loved the Crank Bros Joplin remote lever and imagine it weighs SFA. It was mounted Southpaw on my Anthem.

If my Giant seatpost didn't have a reversed gear cable (anchor is at the seatpost end), I would have transferred the remote over from my old bike.

ChopSticks

Banned
If my Giant seatpost didn't have a reversed gear cable (anchor is at the seatpost end), I would have transferred the remote over from my old bike.
Time for an upgrade jimmy LOL
I had the same issue when trying to hook up my mates contact post with an XT shifter...Didn't end up doing it as I thought it was too much trouble...
but I'm sure you could if you really wanted to. Ie crimp one end of the cable with all tension dialled out?

Keep your thread updated teK... I wanna hear how the inline shock goes...
but more importantly... How the 5 piece plastic bushings go.

ChopSticks

Banned
Had an absolute blast today!
Loaded the mates ute up and head down to Stromlo for a full day of sweet shuttling!
Got there around 10:30 and decided to warm up by climbing up, and then shuttling for the rest of the day.
Ended up shuttling til 5:30 as it got too dark and had no option but to call it a day!

Also rode the DH track a few times (first time riding DH there) and honestly have to say its very smooth and do-able even for a whimp like me. (ie didnt have to walk/push any sections)
Attempted all the drops/features etc... but did leave 2 of the gap jumps out. But otherwise very happy!

Days like today remind me how awesome riding is! and how the 6hr~ drive is all worth it!

Pikes felt fucking AWESOME! no suspension expert here, but I'm really happy with how they are feeling!
They definitely don't dive like the old 34's, and seem to hold the line better down a rock garden.... (track better?) maybe thats where the stiffer 35mm stanchions are playing an affect?
maybe its the carbon wheels? (which has held up flawlessly!)

I bought some resin saint pads thinking I'd give organic a go.... But ended up cooking my sintered pads last night. Which worked an absolute treat!! (thanks Moorey for that trick)
It felt awesome knowing I had brakes again lol

I've been on the lookout for a new silver chain (black is too expensive) ever since getting the black Pikes and Lev (slowly moving away from the gold bits), and with an awesome deal popping up... I hit the hammer and grabbed both items!

brand new PC-1091 and XX cassette (11-36)

havent yet weighed it... but I do think the Sram chain is 20~grams heavier than the existing KMC x10sl.... so I'll hunt another new one down and replace the sram asap!

Also have some upgrades planned, that should drop another 110~grams in the coming weeks!

Z

Zaf

I believe that the tunnel/bridge that starts the downhill track up at Stromlo, by either clever design or choice, points directly out at Canberra Hospital.
Best way not to cook brakes is to hold off them :D

Glad you're still enjoying the ride, the bike is lookin' good Chops.

Ackland

chats d'élevage
Come on Chops... you should know that photos always need to be from the drive side......

You'd better be riding in full black yeti kit

teK--

Eats Squid
Shuttles until 5:30pm whaaat! They usually finish em by around 4pm here, but even then you are usually knackered by then if getting in a decent number of runs.

Re Pike sag it is a fork that likes to be run in full open mode and with a higher than usual air pressure so it rides high in its travel. Don't let the numbers phase you the proof is how they feel on the trail and in your case you said they worked well.

Also I am blown away how much stuff you replace simply because you don't like the colour; how many chains and cassettes have you gone through that can't have possibly worn out given how little riding you do?? :p

Nautonier

Eats Squid
Maybe I've missed something, but what's the total weight of the bike at the moment? The XX cassette will drop a fair bit.

Nautonier

Eats Squid
I'm also very impressed by the LB wheels, I've been flogging them on DH tracks for several weeks now and they're holding up perfectly. I even managed to bash the rim on rocks and it suffered only a minor scratch - no chipping/denting/folding etc. I'm pretty sure my alloy rims would have copped a nice ding in similar circumstances.

teK--

Eats Squid
I'm also very impressed by the LB wheels, I've been flogging them on DH tracks for several weeks now and they're holding up perfectly. I even managed to bash the rim on rocks and it suffered only a minor scratch - no chipping/denting/folding etc. I'm pretty sure my alloy rims would have copped a nice ding in similar circumstances.
Tell me more!

What finish did you get, drilled rim or UST, which spokes, "AM" or "DH" rim, and what size?

ChopSticks

Banned
I believe that the tunnel/bridge that starts the downhill track up at Stromlo, by either clever design or choice, points directly out at Canberra Hospital.
Best way not to cook brakes is to hold off them :D

Glad you're still enjoying the ride, the bike is lookin' good Chops.
thanks Zaf,

luckily there were zero injuries yesterday in our crew.
Same can't be said for the guy who axed himself on the first drop on the DH track and cut his arm right open (looks like he'll need 5+ stitches)

Come on Chops... you should know that photos always need to be from the drive side......

You'd better be riding in full black yeti kit
This.

And also must be in attack position 90% of the time.
No matching team kit..... I'd just look like a complete wannabe who can't ride for shit! Lol
should have some footage shortly of pork barrel / double dissolution!

Shuttles until 5:30pm whaaat! They usually finish em by around 4pm here, but even then you are usually knackered by then if getting in a decent number of runs.

Re Pike sag it is a fork that likes to be run in full open mode and with a higher than usual air pressure so it rides high in its travel. Don't let the numbers phase you the proof is how they feel on the trail and in your case you said they worked well.

Also I am blown away how much stuff you replace simply because you don't like the colour; how many chains and cassettes have you gone through that can't have possibly worn out given how little riding you do?? :p
we were gonna call it a day at 5.... Everyone got changed, and cooled down. But we ended up getting changed back and going for one very last run! Knarly shit riding the DH track with very fast fading light. Ended up leaving the car park as it was getting dark/6pm.
We we lost count how many shuttles we did... Around 12~? So it was plenty !

pike is running at 55psi. Didn't fiddle with any settings yesterday and left it in open (as I always do)
Just rode the bloody thing! And it felt super sweet! Couldn't wipe the grin off my face!!

Haha really?! ...funny you think that as I have only used one XT cassette before going XX.... And the two gold kmc chains.
1.5 years, 2 cassettes and 2 chains isn't all that bad is it??

Maybe I've missed something, but what's the total weight of the bike at the moment? The XX cassette will drop a fair bit.
I haven't actually dropped anything..... But gained 9grams going from the KMC x10sl chain to the new SRAM PC-1091 (232g vs 241g)..... As I was already running a XX cassette before.

26" 33mm AM rims, bladed spokes, UST, hope hubs - exactly the same as chops i think. Totally bulletproof.
yeppp exactly the same. Black rims, black nipples, black spokes and black hubs! 26" 33mm UST
the wheels performed flawlessly! Money very well spent!

Finally confirmed what tyre pressures I actually run with a mates digital gauge (not sure how accurate they actually are, but should give a rough idea)
To my surprised, I found the front running at 19psi, and the rear much higher at 26. Pretty happy with this combo. But will continue to playing with pressures!

will strip the bike down later this arvo and rebuild her with the new drivetrain!

Z

Zaf

thanks Zaf,

luckily there were zero injuries yesterday in our crew.
Same can't be said for the guy who axed himself on the first drop on the DH track and cut his arm right open (looks like he'll need 5+ stitches)
If you're not falling off you're not riding hard enough.

Also, how small are you? Those pressures are insane.

ChopSticks

Banned
If you're not falling off you're not riding hard enough.

Also, how small are you? Those pressures are insane.
haha... well I can't afford to get hurt with my job, so I only ride what I'm comfortable with... and already pushed myself more than normal, and happy with the stuff I did yesterday! Honestly no complaints!

I'm 6'1", 85kgs~..... I've been told my pressures are crazy low... but thats what I've always just ridden with.
Probably doesn't help as I'm relying more on mechanical grip than proper technique? :noidea:

Speaking from experience Zaf..... Looking good Chopsticks.
Thanks Clint. Bike is almost done (is it ever done?) with just a few more upgrades in mind!

Status
Not open for further replies.