Yeti - It's finished...for now.

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well the Giant Anthems are in Australia next week and I've decided I want one. That means time to save and no more money spent on the Yeti so I thought I'd post it up in it's final spec for a while.

Bar Ends - Single Track Solutions ST-Lites
Bottle Cage - Cateye BC100
Bottom Bracket - American Classic Ti
Brakes - Shimano Deore XT/XTR w/ a2z Rotors
Cassette - SRAM PG990 11-34
Chain - SRAM PC991
Crankarms - Raceface Turbine LP Compact
Chain rings - FSA Pro Compact 29/44
Ring Bolts - Middleburn Alloy
Crank Bolts - Middleburn Ti Self Extracting
Front Derailleur - Shimano XTR
Rear Derailleur - SRAM X.0
Fork - Manitou R7 Platinum
Frame - Yeti ARC
Grips - Ritchey WCS
Handlebar - Maxm MX-1
Headset - Chris King NoThreadSet
Pedals - Exustar EPM25
Skewers - Hope Ti
Seat - Selle Italia SLR XP
Seatpost - USE Alien Cyclops
Shifters - SRAM X.0
Stem - Syntace F99
Tyres - Kenda Karma DTC
Wheelset - Mavic Crossmax SL

If you're interested in the complete and/or individual part weights click here for the listing on light-bikes.com

Click the pictures to make them bigger.

The plan now is to get an Anthem frame, swap most of the parts of the Yeti onto it and then build the Yeti into a Short Track/Dirt Crit Weapon with V-brakes sub 9kg.

Last edited:

LTR

Annoys the hell out of Grip!
Haha... finished... havent even heard of that one!

Pimpin' as usual Grover!

-DAvo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Grover said:
That means time to save and no more money spent on the Yeti so I thought I'd post it up in it's final spec for a while.

theres not much else you could do to that weapon anyway :eek: :cool:

Drew.

Eats Squid
-DAvo said:
There is always something els.

Nice ride man...Definantly wouldn't mind that as a XC rig!

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
-DAvo said:
oh there's plenty more i have plans for - but it all involves money which is always the limiting factor.

floz

Likes Dirt
oh there's plenty more i have plans for - but it all involves money which is always the limiting factor.
I hear you buddy. Still, you've got to be relatively happy with way it is.
How much travel do your R7's have? I'm guessing 100mm. How does the handling compare to a XTC?

Grover

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah, they're 100mm - i actually ordered 80mm, got the box, reallised they'd sent me the wrong thing, rang them and was told they're only bringing 4 sets of 80mm forks into australia and all in merida green.

at first i was a bit apprehensive - i rang some people and talked about it before i even put them on but now i've used them a bit i don't know why i hesitated - i love it. i can notice the higher front end on steep climbs and it's a bit harder to keep the front wheel on the ground. but going down it's fantastic, just point and shoot - this probably also has alot to do with the extra stiffness coming from the smaller skarebs.

in regards to an xtc i can't really say as i haven't ridden a giant since about halfway through 03 but the yeti's top tube and wheelbase are longer which are the main differences. both of which i remember liking as soon as i got it.

i can understand giant's shift to 100mm forks on all it's xc bikes though - it makes riding alot more fun.

treggs

Treggs Tuned
Nice to see a very well thought out XC hardtail. It looks just right and judging by the spec it would ride pretty damn nice too. Definitely my idea of a sweet...