Yeti 303 WC Carbon

GravityJockey

Likes Bikes
Word On the Street is...

So I have heard along the grape vine through the LBS rumour mill that 303WCc maybe available from January onwards in Australia.

Rowney Sports are supposed to be waiting on confirmation of production and pricing details before releasing details and allowing pre-orders....

I have my deposit ready and my LBS knows it...

Here's to hoping for a late Chrismas present... Cheers

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
Coming from a general XC background, I don't want this to come out too wrong.

But that looks really boring. Given the price tags of these things. I am looking to some of the more familiar yeti guys to inform me here. I look a that pic and think, wow that running gear would go great on my Glory frame.

Don't get me wrong, my wife is fully aware of the cost of an SB66C which WILL be my next Trail bike.

But I look at an SB and can see exactly what my desirability is being directed at. I am lost as to what commands the $$$ in that bike.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I think it depends on personal opinion too, I like the look, it looks stealth and sleek.
In terms of the dollars that just comes down to components frame design and of course the material. I think a underplayed bike looks fairly good, we have also seen specialized go to the black demo for sam, with kits getting brighter and mroe pajama like a black bike goes well, likewise from a marketing point any kit you want will suit that bike, the look of kit and rider together is something lets be honest at least 90% of people consider when buying new stuff.
With kits been more often changed than bikes it makes sense to buy black...

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
I see where your coming from, but I guess I was more looking at the general design as well.

The new Scott for example has adjustable This and dual position That.

The 303 looks very .... And I really do hate to say this, Generic. The rail design is about the only thing interesting.

driftking

Wheel size expert
I see where your coming from, but I guess I was more looking at the general design as well.

The new Scott for example has adjustable This and dual position That.

The 303 looks very .... And I really do hate to say this, Generic. The rail design is about the only thing interesting.
yeah fair point. I guess yeti would argue that the geometry is perfect so why change it. But we all know adjustment is best for personal feel. I see what your saying, basically it doesn't offer a lot compared to others, it seem quite basic like you get it you ride it that's it?
sure its got good tech and its got lots of value behind what it has but it doesn't go that extra mile like others.....

At least I think that's what you're getting at aha.

Jaredp

Likes Dirt
yeah fair point. I guess yeti would argue that the geometry is perfect so why change it. But we all know adjustment is best for personal feel. I see what your saying, basically it doesn't offer a lot compared to others, it seem quite basic like you get it you ride it that's it?
sure its got good tech and its got lots of value behind what it has but it doesn't go that extra mile like others.....

At least I think that's what you're getting at aha.
Yep, spot on.

You hit the nail on the head. To be fair to it, I spent the last few hours looking at the alloy version and researching the rail design.

I gotta say the alloy one has me all hot and bothered.

zids

Likes Dirt
Adjustable extras does not equal = extra good bike

This bike looks awesome and I bet you that it will do exactly what you expect of it without many hiccups (which to me is veryyy important).