Yarra Trails regulars

gcouyant

Farkin Advertiser
I look forward to riding past it.
But if there's nobody looking, swing through to give it a go. Gotta do it once. The design is more forgiving for those of us who don't like that look of "kneecaps for ear rings" and ride bicycles with wheels larger than 20".

cinnyis

Squid
I'm always very happy when the pump track at the youies has no one on it. Heaps of fun every time. Can't wait for this one to reopen. Didn't even know this was there until a couple of weeks ago

Last edited:

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Local council have financed the build of a new pump track next to the tennis Courts - Ivanhoe. Should be open soon and add to the dirt crit course.
Nice one
Great news! Any word on which company is doing the building (Dirt Art or World Trail)? And is it just going to be a pump track or jumps as well?

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Great news! Any word on which company is doing the building (Dirt Art or World Trail)? And is it just going to be a pump track or jumps as well?
Neither, they said they build bmx trails and were from Mornington or frankston. It is a flow track with tabled jumps and pumpy lumps to get your manual on. Nothing serious folks so it's safe for kids and their uncoordinated parents.

rednightmare

Likes Dirt
Neither, they said they build bmx trails and were from Mornington or frankston. It is a flow track with tabled jumps and pumpy lumps to get your manual on. Nothing serious folks so it's safe for kids and their uncoordinated parents.
Actually went and had a gander earlier today and yeah, nothing too serious. Don't want to be too cynical but if the council wanted the MTBers/BMXers out of the bush, digging illegal jumps and using council built ones instead, they've failed. Also, the rollers look like they might be a bit tight for the bigger wheeled folks out there. Could be wrong though.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Actually went and had a gander earlier today and yeah, nothing too serious. Don't want to be too cynical but if the council wanted the MTBers/BMXers out of the bush, digging illegal jumps and using council built ones instead, they've failed. Also, the rollers look like they might be a bit tight for the bigger wheeled folks out there. Could be wrong though.
It's a bmx track - not a MTB flow or jump park. Can't see council wishing to build anything too big

RazeR

Likes Dirt
Found: 29er MTB wheel

I found a 29er wheel on the road behind Beasleys Nursery (Targret Road) this afternoon. Seems like someone loaded up after a ride and left the front wheel behind. They won't be happy when they get home!

Can you all pass this message around your networks.

I have also left a note on the tree near the site with my phone number

cheers
Andrew

Ezkaton

Eats Squid
Shit, that pump track looks nice!
I think I rode past there late last year on my way home from a YT spin, and it was a tiny, tiny loop with a couple small jumps.

Much improved!
Might have to go check it out when the new bike is functional.

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi all. First ride tomorrow after my arthroscopy so looking for something fairly flat. Yarra trails are perfect but no idea what state they're in. Rideable? Any suggestions? I'd love to hit the dirt.

kwikee

Likes Dirt
I just got back from a short hop around Ivanhoe/Heidelberg/Balwyn and the trails are sweet. Very little mud, great conditions.
Good luck on the come back trail!

cinnyis

Squid
This morning I rode Burke rd to Han's loop. Trails are holding up very well, most of the puddles from last weekend have dried up.

That pump track looks heaps better than I was imagining! Looking forward to it reopening.

al_

Likes Dirt
Cullen - that was you I said hi to a bunch of times before, wasn't it? Kept going to say hi but couldn't remember your actual name and didn't want to be that internet guy...

Last edited: