Yarra Trails regulars

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still can't get those fucking Nobby Nics on the crest rims though. If I did that I'd really cut loose.

TBay

Likes Bikes
The guy definitely handles a bike a bit like Coaster, however its not him........

because that bike doesn't have SPECIALIZED written on it and its not CARBON!

Hey Coast!?!?!

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wasn't going to mention that. Are you sure you got the right size tyres?
Yes PB, I've almost got a 26" NN on a 29er. If I have another beer and swear for 30 mins it will be on...... No, it won't.

Tbay! You're alive! At least forum wise. Yep, pick up tomorrow.... Or Sat Can't wait as I have to try to show up some guy with a brand new all mountain Trek :)

RazeR

Likes Dirt
Warrandyte Mountain Bike Club

Cross post alert - apologies in advance!

The Warrandyte Mountain Bike Club Inc is holding a raffle as part of it's fundraising.

A Rocky Mountain Vertex 950 29" bike valued at $2990 has been generously donated by DM Cycles as the 1st prize. (choice of medium or large frame)

Only 400 tickets are being sold!

1 for $20
3 for $50
10 for $150

Draw will be held at 6pm on Friday 6th September at DM Cycles.

Send ticket purchase enquiries to contact@warrandytemtb.com.au

RockyMtnVertex950.jpg

MTB3113raffleticket.jpg
View attachment 295108

View attachment 295109

Last edited:

casnell

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had a nice Burke rd to Hans and back this morning and there's a new coffee place at the playground adjacent to Warringal footy ground - Billabong Cafe. Worth supporting, opens at 6:30 weekdays, 9 weekends.

ninjasstolemytv

Likes Dirt
Did you get my PM reply, Casnell? I swear I sent it but I can't tell. Cause I'm riding tomorrow, would be a good chance to hand you your stuff back if you wanted.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Rode the BIG AC loop from city to Hans- past Orchard around to Mullum tunnel back to Heidelberg along the Eastern. Some really muddy sections further north but good. The big tree in the dip is big - like the line towards the bike path.

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
I rode today from doncaster rd koonung trail ST to banksia and back today. For winter the yarra trails are mint. Sections that don't see sun are a bit muddy but today a few corners at Bruce's were dusty. In July. Amazing. Annulus loop is in ok Nic too. Someone has been filling a few holes in that section.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
From the city out and around to the Koonung path and then back into Heidelberg, that would have been a few kms JD.

I’m guessing that one muddy part was the bit between Heads and Park Rd (where you go behind the oval to find the ST after the new piece of bike path ends) especially the last run down to Heads Rd.

Rode into Studley Park and everything was dry downstream from Wilsmere Park, Bourke Rd stuff is wet as expected and so is the stuff upstream between Burke and Brucie’s. The ST on the other side of the river from Brucie’s / annulus is also mostly fine (not sure I you rode this stuff Charlie).

A couple of cruisers out in the section in the middle of the rode loop at the top of monument climb, and some douche on a dirt bike.

Don’t know if it was the drier trail conditions or a case of newfronttyreitis, but the ST felt great and very fast.

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Don’t know if it was the drier trail conditions or a case of newfronttyreitis, but the ST felt great and very fast.
Yeah I found some sections really tacky with good grip. The bits that are drying out are really good. I haven't ridden on the other side of the river for a while AC. When you get to the golf course do you go back to bulleen rd or keep going ?

Last edited:

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Yeah I found some sections really tacky with good grip. The bits that are drying out are really good. I haven't ridden on the other side of the river for a while AC. When you get to the golf course do you go back to bulleen rd or keep going ?
I head back to Bulleen Rd and then up to the Koonung bike path. That piece of trail between the sport grounds and Banksia is usually towards the start or end of my rides so I don’t really have a reason to try to link it straight through to the Bourke Rd stuff (enter / exit the bike path around Elgar Rd). There used to be a way through but I haven’t looked in a while.

We might be able to turn that fallen tree on the ST between Doncaster Rd and the bike / foot path over the freeway into a rollover (although the the dog walkers might cut it up).

How is the stuff behind the carpark at annulus, I skipped that bit on Sunday as I thought that it would be the worst?

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Howdy guys,

Does anyone have a strava link or such to the trails they follow from Hans to the MM bike path at the tunnel? I kind of get there, I can get to Old Warrandyte road Ok but then completely lose it.

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Coaster this is how I've done it. It involves carrying the bike across mm creek. You may be able to cross via a bridge closer to the tunnel

Bi AC. The annulus stuff is ok for this time if year. Very rideable .that log on the Koonung trail is just too big to jump without damaging chain rings. You're right a rollover is a good option

Last edited:

Coaster

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Coaster this is how I've done it. It involves carrying the bike across mm creek. You may be able to cross via a bridge closer to the tunnel
https://www.strava.com/activities/147516134
That's the ticket. Thanks CDS!

Now I know where I'm struggling, at the Whitefriars bit. I first did the ride with a buddy that knew where he was going, and when I tried on my own missed that bit. I thought they had put fences up from last time, do you go through the gates at the school?

Last edited:

Big AC

Likes Dirt
https://www.strava.com/activities/147516134

Bi AC. The annulus stuff is ok for this time if year. Very rideable .that log on the Koonung trail is just too big to jump without damaging chain rings. You're right a rollover is a good option
Where are you walking across the MM creek (I couldn't zoom in on the strava map)? Happy to show people how to do it with no creek crossing on the weekend if JD provides an update on the stuff between Park and Heads Rd, it can get messy in there as the kiddies use it to get to school. Mr TV ninja may also know the answer as I believe he lives out that way.

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
I'm not really sure where to be honest. It was near a road bridge and there was a fire trail down towards the creek. Lots of stones to walk over. I've only done it twice. They are working on completing that missing link which May stuff up some of the ST there. I think if you are logged on strava you can zoom but if not it just shows the summary.

Last edited: