Yarra Trails regulars

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anyone up for a Warrandyte-Smiths epic on Sunday morning? I ride a steady (not fast) pace but stopping frequently gets on my tits.

LMK: We could take off from the corner of Tindals Road and Warrandyte Road around 8:00AM.
would love to go, its the one sunday when I have some kids activities on so at this stage no go.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
oh yeah

Anyone up for a Warrandyte-Smiths epic on Sunday morning? I ride a steady (not fast) pace but stopping frequently gets on my tits.

LMK: We could take off from the corner of Tindals Road and Warrandyte Road around 8:00AM.
wow thats sounds inviting- meet you at first light on the one day I get to sleep in, we will ride for an epic amount of hours and kilometres at a solid pace and we wont stop cause that pi$$es me off

count me in Jackar$e- sounds like a hoot

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wow thats sounds inviting- meet you at first light on the one day I get to sleep in, we will ride for an epic amount of hours and kilometres at a solid pace and we wont stop cause that pi$$es me off

count me in Jackar$e- sounds like a hoot
Grumpy old haters gonna hate!

hatersgonnahate_05d460_3317189.jpg

RazeR

Likes Dirt

Hi Jim

Post your ride on the Warrandyte MTB Facebook page and you might get a few riders wanting to join you. The Warrandyte-Smiths loop is pretty popular with the locals.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1464589467107634/

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Anyone been out on the trails over the past day or so? Whilst it has been windy we really haven't had a huge amount of rain. Just want to find out if the ST is knackered for the weekend.

Thanks

AC

CharlieDontSurf

Likes Dirt
Just got back from a trail clearing ride then Angus. Cleared 6 or 7 trees from Hans but there is a big one which will need a chainsaw at the start of the "prologue". See pic 1
The area between bonds rd and the golf course hasbeen smashed. There is the biggest tree down in the dip where the kids have been making jumps. See pic 2.I think it will need professional tree services or a new route found. There's also a few more in that area that will need chainsawing. Thanks to a guy called Richard who I bumped into then rode with me and helped move stuff.
There is a big tree down right before the canoe club at fitzimmons lane. It will need a chainsaw too

The water hasn't affected things that much. Lots of small debris but not too wet

Last edited:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
not in the dip, nooooooooo.

will talk to council mate you never know.
in the mean time I will put my carpentry skills to effective use and build a ladder from one side of the ditch to the other- climb up onto the tree and flow down the other side- this will be great - I will need wood- lots of wood or even an old slippery dip I can bolt to the tree

I will need a hand too thanks- see you all there at 2pm Saturday.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Just got back from a trail clearing ride then Angus. Cleared 6 or 7 trees from Hans but there is a big one which will need a chainsaw at the start of the "prologue". See pic 1
The area between bonds rd and the golf course hasbeen smashed. There is the biggest tree down in the dip where the kids have been making jumps. See pic 2.I think it will need professional tree services or a new route found. There's also a few more in that area that will need chainsawing. Thanks to a guy called Richard who I bumped into then rode with me and helped move stuff.
There is a big tree down right before the canoe club at fitzimmons lane. It will need a chainsaw too

The water hasn't affected things that much. Lots of small debris but not too wet
or just cut in some traction marks and you ride up the tree- onto the branch and drop onto the far side

Warrandyte Mountain Bike Club Official Launch Event

Well, we have made significant progress since our first meeting and we are now ready to formally announce the exciting launch of the Warrandyte Mountain Bike Club. We will be having The Warrandyte Mountain Bike Club Official Launch Event 24th July at The Grand Hotel starting 6.30pm.

At The Launch Event we will bring everyone up to speed on our club status, affiliations and how to join. We will show you our exciting new WMBC identity and logo, bring you up to speed on our website launch and FB communications plans, update everyone on trail building & planning progress as well as scheduling of social and training riding. Finally, we will be launching our exciting new club kit where you will have an opportunity to try it on for size and place your orders.

Looking forward to seeing you all there,

Wmtb Executive Committee

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Half the world seems to be heading to Smiths Gulley on Sunday. Warrandyte club has a ride, as does the Geelong club, jathanas is taking a crew out there. Anyone else?

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Half the world seems to be heading to Smiths Gulley on Sunday. Warrandyte club has a ride, as does the Geelong club, jathanas is taking a crew out there. Anyone else?
I'd join up with the Warrandyte club, but I think they're driving there and then riding the loop. I'm going to head off from Waz and ride there through the back roads.

The weather looks like it will suck so it might not work out anyway... :(

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Thanks for update, the one at Hans might be doable with a decent and sharp hand saw to cut off some of the limbs and move the rest. The one in the dipper.......... what can't you people bunny hop that little twig? Definite chainsaw and couple of people job.

I might have a go at the Hans one on the weekend, was thinking of riding PG and might drop in at Hans on the drive home with a sharp bow saw.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Thanks for update, the one at Hans might be doable with a decent and sharp hand saw to cut off some of the limbs and move the rest. The one in the dipper.......... what can't you people bunny hop that little twig? Definite chainsaw and couple of people job.

I might have a go at the Hans one on the weekend, was thinking of riding PG and might drop in at Hans on the drive home with a sharp bow saw.
little buddy I might hit up PG on Saturday- keep in touch....... you too Charlie and NP and Coaster and Casnell and not so much you - Rob 71

I want to show you my Havoc carbon bars- you inspired me but Im still a whinny old dog.

Big AC

Likes Dirt
Ok mate, was thinking about Saturday morning, although not crack of dawn Jathanas early.

Did you get the 800 or 750 havocs?