Yarra Trails regulars

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
Thanks guys. I was actually a bit disappointed in my effort. I just wasn't feeling it and having a lazy day. I had planned to get down to monument climb and do a lap of the Boulevard. But after discovering the shop at the orchard I was satisfied.

emerthis

Likes Dirt
Rode Wombat bend to PG (via plenty trail), an hour or so at PG, and then back into Banksia St. Saw no snakes or tin foil wearing men.

If you haven’t been to PG I’d recommend it, I probably only rode 10% of what is out there.

JD when is your guided going to happen?
For a guided tour of PG, let me know. I'm not fast, but I know the area intimately, and always happy to show newcomers around the trail network.

Otherwise, jump on board the Plenty Gorge MTB facebook group - there are often social rides being organised, in addition to the regular weekly night ride (which is being shifted from Monday to Tuesday).

Cheers,
Emerson

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The mtb gods must be really pissed off w' me.

Came off in a nasty way, this is the second time in as many rides since New Years Eve. Both times were high speed, and I'm unable to explain how I found myself on the deck. Yesterday I grazed a lot of skin. I'm a sore boy.

Having a very bad patch... I wonder if life is trying to tell me something.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Plenty Gorge

For a guided tour of PG, let me know. I'm not fast, but I know the area intimately, and always happy to show newcomers around the trail network.

Otherwise, jump on board the Plenty Gorge MTB facebook group - there are often social rides being organised, in addition to the regular weekly night ride (which is being shifted from Monday to Tuesday).

Cheers,
Emerson
Nice one Emerson- folks this guy is The Don of Plenty Gorge- hook up with the crew for Tuesday Night rides or see if we can all get together over a weekend and do a tour.

Last edited:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Plenty Gorge ride today

I am heading out for a ride this afternoon leaving from Kariboo Court shortly after 5 if anyone keen

cleeshoy

Eats Squid

Came off in a nasty way, this is the second time in as many rides since New Years Eve. Both times were high speed, and I'm unable to explain how I found myself on the deck. Yesterday I grazed a lot of skin. I'm a sore boy.

The message is obvious to me.....
Life is telling you that you need to get the 2014 S-Works Epic World Cup :)

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The message is obvious to me.....
Life is telling you that you need to get the 2014 S-Works Epic World Cup :)
That is a beast of a bike! Despite drooling uncontrollably when I saw it, I think that it is a better machine for you Court. I'm too fat, slow, and lame right now. :-(

Let's do a spin when I get my fat arse back on the MTB huh?

pistonbroke

Eats Squid
I am heading out for a ride this afternoon leaving from Kariboo Court shortly after 5 if anyone keen
AHHHGG! I missed this post.
I went out there and did an hour or so.I think I saw your car there. There's some pretty wild (for xc) tracks out there, and a couple of hike-a-bike creek crossings.

Big JD

Wheel size expert
AHHHGG! I missed this post.
I went out there and did an hour or so.I think I saw your car there. There's some pretty wild (for xc) tracks out there, and a couple of hike-a-bike creek crossings.
no Piston - you are supposed to ride the creek crossing- soft mate

Big JD

Wheel size expert

cleeshoy

Eats Squid
That is a beast of a bike! Despite drooling uncontrollably when I saw it, I think that it is a better machine for you Court. I'm too fat, slow, and lame right now. :-(

Let's do a spin when I get my fat arse back on the MTB huh?
A ride sounds good! Re: the world cup version, i think there is talk of one entering our household.......

mtb101

Likes Bikes and Dirt

hey don't let the turkey's get you down still plenty of time for Odyssey training, problem you have is your bikes are too light so they just flick from under you, you need a good 12kgs between you legs buddy.