yarra flats

curtisrider

Eats Squid
does anyone know who is in charge of the park land along the Yarra right of Burke road bridge when traveling towards Ivanhoe?

I assume it's Parks Victoria but i've also heard it split up the whole way along there and the board of works owns some of the land?

Andy.G

Likes Dirt
who's in charge ?

The tracts of land you refer to, seemed to me (whilst I rode there in '05) to be ruled by a certain genre of 'single' gentlemen apparently out for a walk ...

Good luck. Theres some fantastic singletrack along this part of the yarra ...

I found it an extra challenge to blip past someone in the peripheral vision and then to spend the next 5 minutes thinking - he wasn't, was he ?? Eeeeewwww. Oh, how do I get back to the carpark without going back along that track ...

I like everyone - I just don't want to see everything everyone likes.
I have kids I take with me sometimes too ...

johnny_boy

Likes Dirt
Yes, the trails surrounding the Heidelberg carpark @ Yarra flats do seem to have a bit of a problem with that ey? Friday arvo's (when we often go for a spin, departing from that carpark), are shocking. I reakon I saw a dozen 'single gentlemen' there, wondering off for a walk, last time we were unpacking the bikes....

Back on topic though, the Yarra Flats is parks vic, but I'm not sure about the rest (ie out to Eltham, and into Fairfield).