Xfusion Manic won’t stay up

rowdyflat

chez le médecin
OK then maybe its a closed system .
Dont know if that is such a great idea?
Also Often wondered why dropper posts have to be complicated, seems like the main issue is for the thing to be infinitely variable?
Might seem dumb but a post with 2 positions either up or down should only need a spring to lift it back up , the riders weight + gravity should do the rest?

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
OK then maybe its a closed system .
Dont know if that is such a great idea?
Also Often wondered why dropper posts have to be complicated, seems like the main issue is for the thing to be infinitely variable?
Might seem dumb but a post with 2 positions either up or down should only need a spring to lift it back up , the riders weight + gravity should do the rest?
Yep closed system, I have used plenty of them and not had a problem till now.. I suspect the manic’s are fitted from factory with a cheap and nasty version of the cartridge to keep the price down..

Can someone tell me is the new V2 one up dropper much chop? The old one sounds ordinary..

Kerplunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thread update.. Cycling deal have been great and sent me a new post even though it was out of warranty . Will buy with confidence from them now..

Pulled the old one apart and the cartridge is gone, the activing pin at the bottom of the cart is stuffed. Pity I ordered a new cartridge before cycling deal got back to me. Oh well will now have 2 manic’s..