WWS Rnd 2 @ Penrose

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
So, this is comming up in a couple of weeks.

Penrose will be my forst 8 hour and WWS event. This itme around im competing in a 2 person team, i may have a crack at one solo later in the year

so who else is going? what group are you competing in?

ebuk

Likes Dirt
I'm going. Solo again for me and hoping to ride for more than the 6 hours I got in at Lithgow.

PDogg

Manly Warringah MTB Club
I'll be there as usual. Solo is the only way (especially when the course is as fun as Penrose, why share!)

dunk

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, solo for me, and to make it better I haven't been sick for a couple of weeks now:D

Carlin

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'll be there, solo on the single speed.

First time racing an 8 hour, first time going to Penrose:D

Syphanx

Likes Dirt
I should be there if I can get my act together and register soon... Riding in a two man team, it's either that or race the 2nd wsmtb rd, pitty their both on the same day!

ebuk

Likes Dirt
hdtvkss said:
so for those that have been there before - whats the track like?
All I have heard is "no steep climbs". Which is music to my ears :). I am planning on doing a camp over Saturday to get some time on track / have some fun the day before the race (mostly cause I hated getting up at 4.30am for the Lithgow round).

ebuk

Likes Dirt
Syphanx said:
it's either that or race the 2nd wsmtb rd, pitty their both on the same day!
I am still hoping the WSMTB rounds change dates. I love riding that track and want to do as many round there (and CCOMTB) as I can this year.

PDogg

Manly Warringah MTB Club
ebuk said:
All I have heard is "no steep climbs". Which is music to my ears :). .
The first half of the track is almost flat. You can get in a great rythym on the singletrack, it just flows so sweet over nice hardpack and driftable pine needles. Get in the flow and just feel the love. I'm getting wet, better go now....

grumpy rooster

Likes Dirt
I rode there for the first time last weekend and its definitely as good as everyone says it is. Its the best track I've ever ridden on as far as being able to get in a good rhythm.

My only question is, in a race like the 8hr, do they use The Steps and The Chicken Run?

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
is anyone having issues entering? tried to enter a mens pairs team , after entering all details it decided the amount i owed was $0.00 ( whihc i admit would be nice ) then told me 2 of my credit cards were not accepted( both of which are well in the clear)
anyone had similar issues?

McBain

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The steps is the only rocky descent of the track - the chicken run is the B-line around to the side.

For all that people are saying there isn't much climbing, it still adds up over the race - even the little rises get your legs after a few hours. I know I'll be hurting. :)

Drizz

Likes Dirt
McBain said:
The steps is the only rocky descent of the track - the chicken run is the B-line around to the side.
Is this the step?

EDIT: V Refer to below post V

Last edited: