WTB/Swap: Pike 29" (swap for my SID 120mm)

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Looking for a Pike 29'er, preferably 120mm, but travel amount less important than finding the fork ;)

Also open to swapping my SID for the Pike if someone wants the lighter fork.

[For moorey ;) ]

Item: Pike 29, 120mm preferably
Price range/Willing to Pay: Reasonable offerings considered
Extra Info: Looking to replace the SID on my XC bike with something stiffer and plusher. Looking for a Pike 29 in 120mm, but the travel isn't as important as the fork, as air shafts are cheap and easy to replace.

Last edited:

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Haha, bloody hell. It's late on a Friday night, and I'm posting WTB threads after a beer (or maybe more) ;) Fine, I'll bloody put in a bloody template ;) ;)

Last edited:

Big JD

Wheel size expert
Why don't we go for a group discount. They are around a grand online- can any Aussie shop help us all out?

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
Aussie cost price is probably still only the same as CRC or whatever OS big shop :-(

Isildur

The Real Pedant
Hmmm, 6 people wanting one! I guess they're pretty rare, although I can always talk to my LBS and see if there is some kind of bulk discount they can offer! Hadn't thought there were that many people keen on them ;)

hifiandmtb

Sphincter beanie
Hmmm, 6 people wanting one! I guess they're pretty rare, although I can always talk to my LBS and see if there is some kind of bulk discount they can offer! Hadn't thought there were that many people keen on them ;)
Well I'm keen - not sure about the rest of these rabble rousers ;-)

No Skid Marks

Blue Mountain Bikes Brooklyn/Lahar/Kowa/PO1NT Raci
PM me if you're keen. I'll see what price Crankin can get them for. Remove if this aint cool mods.

October26

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have been running a Pike 29 at 120mm on my Tallboy for bout a year. I was thinking of going to the SID but it sounds like the SID is really flexy?

Isildur

The Real Pedant
I have been running a Pike 29 at 120mm on my Tallboy for bout a year. I was thinking of going to the SID but it sounds like the SID is really flexy?
Hmmm, if you want to swap your Pike for a SID, let me know! I would happily do a swap of my SID RCT3 120mm for your Pike 120mm :)

The SID has been a great XC fork, it's on my Mach 429SL, but I ride "trail" on the 429SL more than I race and then when I'm racing my goal is to ride everything rather than get anywhere near the podium (ha, I don't have the patience to train that hard :O ), so the Pike is more up my alley I think. A weight penalty sure, but will give me more confidence in the techy lines :)

RE Flex, I'm 70kg fully kitted, and while I can't feel flex so much, I notice that my 429SL doesn't hold a line as well as my Ibis HD3... But, I think there are quite a few factors in that!

Come to think of it, if you wanted to try a swap, with the option of swapping back if you don't like the SID, I'd be up for that. Worst case, I end up with the SID which I do like, best case we both end up with a new thing to try :D

Last edited: