WSMTB XC timetable - when?

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
does anyone know when the 06 WSMTB timetable is going to be availiable? most other clubs seem to have thiers out by now.

Would be handy to have so i can start planning out my season :cool:

ebuk

Likes Dirt
I didn't think anyones calendars were up yet? I may be wrong though. Here's hoping they update the clubs schedule soon.

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
MWMTB has thiers up. i guess its jsut getting close as WSMTB had their callend up this time last year, with an event at the end of january when it pissed down. what a way to start the year that was!

ebuk

Likes Dirt
alchemist said:
MWMTB has been kicking around for a while

http://www.mwmtb.com/extcalender2/calendar.php
Yeah have seen that but now is the first time I checked that calendar out to April and saw Rd 1 of the MWMTB XC events. I had been checking Jan and Feb and figured the club hadn't updated its XC schedule.

So now I have 05/02/06 Lifecycles 4 hour and the dates for the MWMTB series pencilled in.

Thanks

schmackster

NSWMTB, Manly Warringah MTB
hdtvkss said:
does anyone know when the 06 WSMTB timetable is going to be availiable? most other clubs seem to have thiers out by now.

Would be handy to have so i can start planning out my season :cool:
Their calender is up and available at http://www.wsmtb.com/static_files/calendar.pdf

It shows all their XC events as well as most of the other disiplines as well. The only thing that hasn't been sorted out just yet is the locations of the State rounds which is going to be discussed next week.

As for the MWMTB calender the easiest way to use it is to select the XC icon in the legend at the bottom and it will display all of the XC events on a single page. As we get more time I hope to transfer all of the other clubs races onto it as well but just need some time.

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
wow, theres like nothing untill the very end of feb as far as traditional XC races go. at least theres the 4 hour and the short track rounds to keep me occupied !

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
Lifecycles 4hr Challenge

hdtvkss said:
wow, theres like nothing untill the very end of feb as far as traditional XC races go. at least theres the 4 hour and the short track rounds to keep me occupied !
Just in the throes of finalising the online entry system for the Lifecycles 4hr Challenge today. Stay tuned for it to be up and running by tomorrow, with a link on this site and our home page.

Similar track and format to the last one, and yes, there will be solo categories!!!

Cheers,

Schacksta
President
www.wsmtb.com

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
Shrekmeister said:
cant we have the same track as the november race...this way to be able to compare our times ????
agreed. i actaully quite liked that track, was a nice compromise between the 12 hour and the normal race track. that new short climb after the log jump was a nice little distraction :eek:

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
Lifecycles 4hr

Same track as last time?

Yep, i'm pretty sure it will be the same one, if not, then at least really close to it. I chose the last one, and since then Mr Cove has taken on the role of WSMTB track guru, but I'm fairly confident he plans on using the same track.

Cheers,

Schacksta
President
www.wsmtb.com

ebuk

Likes Dirt
hdtvkss said:
I can't wait for the lifecycles four hour. Will be registering as soon as entries open.

But as it is over a month away I am planning a 4 hour practice day at WSMTB for mid january as part of my prep for a first time solo attemp on the WWS.

I know what you mean though, going there for a training ride isn't as much fun as the actual racing (IMO).

Last edited:

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
yer dude, i am planning the same....do the four hour again...

then learn somehow to try and be fit enough for the wws if i can last 8 hours ??

hhmm just gotta learn how to get ready for something like that....

Bike_freak

Likes Dirt
I just noticed the November 6hour interschools race..

I hope i will be able to race in that (doing year 12 for 2006), and that there will be a solo catergory:) That should be good fun!

Looks like i have a busy year.. when i don't have exams, i will be racing:)