WSMTB XC Round 3 - 30 April

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
agreed, that course layout is v good, doesnt favour climers any more than it favours somones whos technicly strong.

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
so any news on track layout?

also whats going to be the go with start times? WSMTB website says that its a 10 min interval between starts, but last round was 2 mins? got a bit caught out by that, some clarity on the situation would be great :)

schacksta

Western Sydney MTB Club
Track will be same as last time.

Don't know about the starting gaps yet, depends on the mood we're in tomorrow morning... but I fail to see how 10 minute gaps adversely affect warm up times anyway - that's a bit of an odd statement.

see ya'all in the morning,

schacksta
president
www.wsmtb.com

Shrekmeister

Likes Dirt
Syphanx said:
Did anyone grab any photos? I saw some people taking some, some even videos...
having photo's taken dosen't mean much....

there were hundreds taken at the 4 hour event by the official photographer, however no-one has ever seen these... :confused: :confused:

m_g

Likes Dirt
Shrekmeister said:
having photo's taken dosen't mean much....

there were hundreds taken at the 4 hour event by the official photographer, however no-one has ever seen these... :confused: :confused:
yeah that sucks...what happened to those? anyone know?

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
so what was the john dory with all the people filming? all i know is they scared the crap out of me while i was comming down the ditch onto the trotting track and i nearly ended up in the creek!

bad, bad race for me :( just not recovered enough i think from the weeks training. always next time!

ebuk

Likes Dirt
I found the number of people filming a surprise. Well done to WSMTB for a great round (well done track fairies for prepping it the week before), although next time I may arrive a bit later as registration seemed to be open till 9.30ish?

I find the club racing very hard. 2 hours of sprinting to come 3rd last in B grade, oh well...... :D 'tis good fun though.

In the entire 24 hour at Dargle my heart rate didn't get as high as it did in the first 5 minutes of the club race ha ha....

Next up for me is round 3 at the central coast.

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
its surprising how much harder the racing is at richmond in comparison to somwhere like ourimbah.

make sure you say gday up at ourimbah, i should be there for the next round but not the night round ( i cant afford $1000 for decent lights :( )

agree that the track was improved nicley, that sand before the quad jumps and also on the downhill stretch before the trotting track are an eye opener!

DaGonz

Eats Squid
hdtvkss said:
agree that the track was improved nicley, that sand before the quad jumps and also on the downhill stretch before the trotting track are an eye opener!
That section before the trotting track (I think) is rad! brakes off from when you hit the double track, launch over the asphalt, down the right at the top, hang left at the bottom, brake, inside line on the corner straighten for the sand and then around and pre launch over the jump!....

the tight right hander there used to be so sandy as far as I remember, now there's a whole bunch of largish rocks there to rail off to get around the corner before you hit the sandy bit. You can hit that corner with so much speed it's scary. Then the flowing sniggle through the trees and over the bridge there is all fantastic...

... love it.

Cheers
SpoonBoy

hdtvkss

Likes Dirt
DaGonz said:
That section before the trotting track (I think) is rad! brakes off from when you hit the double track, launch over the asphalt, down the right at the top, hang left at the bottom, brake, inside line on the corner straighten for the sand and then around and pre launch over the jump!....
noo not that bit, the bit comming back the other way! wher eyou come out of the twisty single track then head straight down towards the track again before you go through that ditch thing and onto the track, i too love the downhill bit that you described :)