WSMTB Round 4 Club DH , Sunday May 20th 2012 Delrio

G-Man

Likes Dirt
G'day my peeps ...

WSMTB Club round 4 will be held at Delrio , Bike or box track this sunday May 20th 2012 ,, all the usual suspects - $30 entry , Rego 9ish , practice until lunch then best of two race runs for all the bananas :p ....

Directions and more jazz can be found on www.wsmtb.com

get on out and have a skid ,, this ( hopefully ) will be the NSW state round 1 track so if ya havent seen it come on out ...

hope to see yas on the hill .
G-man outy

Luke_Donno

Likes Bikes
Directions

Hey
Was wondering which is the quickest way to get to the track if coming from south eastern area of sydney.
Go up through Maroota then across the river on the Webbs Creek ferry. Is it a long wait for the ferry, will it be buisy on a Sunday morning?
OR
Miss the ferry completely and go up through Lower Portland and along Bicentenary drive?
and also where is the best place to park for the race this sunday?

Cheers Luke

jo fox

Likes Bikes
directions

Luke,
The wait for the ferry is usually not too long. Especially early in the morning.
Bicentenary drive is a dirt road most of the way and gets very tight and steep in some places.
It can be a bit tricky if you haven't been that way before.
4wd no worries, most cars won't have a problem, some turns are a bit tight with a trailer.
Just keep your eye out for oncoming traffic, they get a bit too close sometimes.
the car park is on the left as you enter the resort.
See you there.
Foxy.

Luke_Donno

Likes Bikes
Luke,
The wait for the ferry is usually not too long. Especially early in the morning.
Bicentenary drive is a dirt road most of the way and gets very tight and steep in some places.
It can be a bit tricky if you haven't been that way before.
4wd no worries, most cars won't have a problem, some turns are a bit tight with a trailer.
Just keep your eye out for oncoming traffic, they get a bit too close sometimes.
the car park is on the left as you enter the resort.
See you there.
Foxy.
Thanks for the Info.
Well probably head up through Maroota and across on the ferry then.
Seeing as though well be towing a longish trailer.
Oh and is rego and shuttle pick up near the parking area?
Thanks again

MARKL

Eats Squid
What is the track like? I want to do the race but coming off a shoulder injury (first downhill ride tomorrow in months). Still not sure how the shoulder will hold up.

G-Man

Likes Dirt
Its on folks , were racin ..

Tiz on folks ,, cut in about 100m of new trail at the bottom of the track just b-4 the stepdown onto the fire road .. gonna be loose so get ya skids on hope you like the little change from the last one :p see yas there ,, G-man outy

MtbDjRidaSachaz66

Likes Dirt
What is the track like? I want to do the race but coming off a shoulder injury (first downhill ride tomorrow in months). Still not sure how the shoulder will hold up.
Well I'd say this track is a intermediate/advanced difficulty track, with a lot of technical sections. Seeing as though you're coming off a shoulder injury and your first ride in months, I'd say put it off and ride elsewhere. I crashed quite a number of times in one day haha having said that I'm not that confident of a rider, so many others are probably way better off on this track than I.

Wynner

Likes Bikes
Next round

The date for the next round ( 20th June) has it for a Wednesday.
Will this just be the state round on the 24th or is there another meeting before?

jrewing

Eats Squid
Thanks grupy for the day out there.. Quite happy with my time considering I had a small OTB moment. Shame I couldn't stick around for 2nd run

Llewelyn if you check your results on here PM us your mobile.

gerkin

Cannon Fodder
Hey G-Man, there's someone missing from the results... A mate of ours, Grant Paisley, was there for his first ever DH race, but he's missing from the results. He was in Masters.

angrykoala

Cannon Fodder
Indeed I was rider 202 and was entered in Masters (although technically I'm in Masters 50+). Only made one run.

Really enjoyed the day, was a challenging technical course without being crazy hard. Would have been nice to have another bus but understand you had a bigger turn out than expected.

You might consider using http://www.eventbrite.com/ for you events.

Big thankyou to the organisers. I know at least one of you was working on the track until got too dark to work.

Grant

Last edited: