Wsmtb Mtnx #5 Sopmmx

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
Last round of the WSMTB series to be held at Sydney Olympic Park Monster Mountain Cross, Sunday October 30, 2005. Rego 9:30 practice 9:35 to 10:00, categories Masters, Expert Elite, Sport, Under 19, Under 17, Under 15. These categories will change in 2006 if numbers warrant. Cost $15 plus $15 day licence if needed and $15 car park if needed.

After discussion with some of BMX NSW, club rules, No BMX, Mountain Bikes only, that is front and back brakes working and gears. Will post rider briefing later in week at wsmtb.com

Track is open for WSMTB event but closed to the public at other times in order for landscaping to grow.

Last race at SOPMMX this year by WSMTB The Western Sydney Interschools November 25, 2005

In 2006 BMX will use SOPMMX for racing but most probably only older riders.
The BMX track is supposed to go on the dirt area to the south of the start mound.

Last edited:

notb4dinner

Likes Dirt
wsmtbdhvp said:
No BMX, Mountain Bikes only, that is front and back brakes working and gears.
I can understand where you're coming from with the 'No BMX' rule (don't necessarily agree but this isn't the place for that argument) but isn't the gears requirement going to eliminate quite a few MTBers as well? I regularly DH on a singlespeed bike and although I won't be at this round I would feel quite put out if I was told I couldn't enter on my MTB.

Other than that major props for putting this together, if I'm still in the area I'll definatley be there for 2006.

intense jonoooo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ye sounds the goods.. hopefully my arm can get better for the race..

and hopefully the gate wont just pop up n flip me ova like at the national 4x hahahaha... and that ruling about no bmx is a good idea! nice one.

thanks, hope to see u there.

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
Steve would be up for an award if mtba/ca had an awards night, (Hint Hint)

good work steve, seeya there.

oh is racing from like 10ish and we doing the regular club racing of your allways in a heat even if u didnt advance?

Last edited:

Adrian

Junkie (not the adrenalin type either)
There's a number of guys who run hardtails set up with singlespeed only, for street and downhill. Is there the possibility for the provision in future for a singlespeed class? Or do we have to reconsider our choice of bike?

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
notb4dinner said:
but isn't the gears requirement going to eliminate quite a few MTBers as well? I regularly DH on a singlespeed bike and although I won't be at this round I would feel quite put out if I was told I couldn't enter on my MTB.
The MTBA rule book, which was adapted from the CA rules which were pretty much copied straight from the old AMBA rules state bikes must have front and rear brakes and at least 6 functioning gears...

The gears rule doesn't seem to be enforced at Enduros, XC or DH so it may be time for a review. Still there needs to be some thing that distinguishes it as a MTB race and not an over sized BMX race.

intense jonoooo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thecat said:
The MTBA rule book, which was adapted from the CA rules which were pretty much copied straight from the old AMBA rules state bikes must have front and rear brakes and at least 6 functioning gears...

The gears rule doesn't seem to be enforced at Enduros, XC or DH so it may be time for a review. Still there needs to be some thing that distinguishes it as a MTB race and not an over sized BMX race.
you are smart!

stylinruss

Likes Dirt
I think I saw it in Decline, and I think it was the rules for John Cowan's jump jams, but I think something like this would make sense.
Bikes must have at least 2 of the following:
1. 26 inch wheels
2. Gears
3. Suspension fork
4. Front brake
Comment anyone?

chrus

Likes Dirt
Some would see SS as a disadvantage anyway. if not then someone with gears can just keep it in one gear.

Therefore why cant SS race?

/cry

:( i was realy looking foward 2 racing this weekend
but im running ss and id say most people have 2 of those things (refer 2 stylinruss's post) ss is a dis advantage i think ss should be able 2 race
most the dj ht riders i no are running ss.The only ht riders running gears would be the 4x riders and dhers i may be wrong but thats my opinion

Last edited:

Wattsy

Hornsby Cycles
2 smooth 4 u said:
:( i was realy lookinf foward 2 racing
but anyway id say most people have 2 of those things ss is a dis advantage i think ss should be able 2 ride most the dj ht riders i no are running ss so the only ht riders would be the 4x riders and dhers i mauy be wrong but thats my opinion
I honestly did not understand one word you said.

wsmtbdhvp

NSWMTB, Western Sydney MTB
Wsmtb Mtn X #5

O.K. we are flexable, when you register say the bike is Single Speed (SS) as long as the bike is a mountain bike we will see if it creates a problem. May be we will create a SS class just like Hardtail in Downhill.

oldbean

NSWMTB
stylinruss said:
I think I saw it in Decline, and I think it was the rules for John Cowan's jump jams, but I think something like this would make sense.
Bikes must have at least 2 of the following:
1. 26 inch wheels
2. Gears
3. Suspension fork
4. Front brake
Comment anyone?
I think a front brake should be compulsory. But having to have any two of the other three is a good guidleline to follow. At least for Club races and maybe Sport class at State and National races. Maybe Elite class at anything except Club races should have different guidelines? Like all three being compulsory?

I actually suggested this to someone recently with no knowledge of it currently being in practice anywhere.

Goobs

Likes Dirt
WSMTB Memebership

Can i pay for WSMTB membership on the day, rather then geting a day license?

wsmtbdhvp said:
Last round of the WSMTB series to be held at Sydney Olympic Park Monster Mountain Cross, Sunday October 30, 2005. Rego 9:30 practice 9:35 to 10:00, categories Masters, Expert Elite, Sport, Under 19, Under 17, Under 15. These categories will change in 2006 if numbers warrant. Cost $15 plus $15 day licence if needed and $15 car park if needed.

After discussion with some of BMX NSW, club rules, No BMX, Mountain Bikes only, that is front and back brakes working and gears. Will post rider briefing later in week at wsmtb.com

Track is open for WSMTB event but closed to the public at other times in order for landscaping to grow.

Last race at SOPMMX this year by WSMTB The Western Sydney Interschools November 25, 2005

In 2006 BMX will use SOPMMX for racing but most probably only older riders.
The BMX track is supposed to go on the dirt area to the south of the start mound.