Would Marzocchi 66's fit on a 2008 norco bigfoot?

manndog

Likes Dirt
Hi, i was just wondering if anyone new if a pair of marzocchi 66 forks would fit on my 2008 norco bigfoot. I have a pair of marzocchi dirt jumper 3's on it now, which i am wanting to sell. So if anyone knows if a pair of marzocchi 66's would fit on a 2008 norco bigfoot could u please let me know.

Would anyone recomend forks that are inbetween 160mm-180mm forks that would fit on my norco bigfoot.

thanks

NSR

Likes Dirt
they should fit, but I don't know about angles and stuff. it'll throw it way off.
You'll have to ask someone else about the durability of the frame with the added length of the fork.

manndog

Likes Dirt
bigfoot

Does anyone know of a person who wants to sell a pair of forks that are under $300 posted and that are 160mm-180mm long or trade for my 2008 marzocchi dirt jumper 3's?

thanks

ilovemtb

Likes Bikes
While we are on the topic of the norco hardtail freeride frames, arent the bigfoot, sasquatch etc all the same frame just with a different spec? I'm just wondering so any response will do. And if is true, to answer your question manndog I wouldnt see the problem with putting 66's on because people put triples on the norco frames all the time.

tro tro

Likes Dirt
While we are on the topic of the norco hardtail freeride frames, arent the bigfoot, sasquatch etc all the same frame just with a different spec? I'm just wondering so any response will do. And if is true, to answer your question manndog I wouldnt see the problem with putting 66's on because people put triples on the norco frames all the time.
the sasquatch and the bigfoot are two diffrent frames, geo is all diffrent
i used to have a gt chucker, has similar geo to the bigfoot, i put 170mm forks on it and it didnt snap or anything, but the geo was completely crap, the head angle was absolutely terrible, i had 150mm forks on there before that and it was alright, i would recommend not going over 140mm.
good luck mate.

Last edited:

Jimass

Eats Squid
Could possibly snap you frame, It'll make it feel weird for sure.

As long as the steerer tube is long enough then yeah sure it'll work.

I wouldn't go over 150 mm to be safe.