World Cup results - Lopez wins, Rennie takes the crown!!!

belly_up

Likes Dirt
The results are in for the Kaprun World Cup, at least for the downhill anyway. The 4x was, ahem, cancelled, because some of the racers are a bunch of wusses, apparently. DH top 10 was as follows:

Men

1 - David Vasquez Lopez
2 - Greg Minaar
3 - Nathan Rennie
4 - Michal Marosi
5 - Fabien Barel
6 - Cedric Gracia
7 - Mickael Pascal
8 - George Atherton
9 - Bernat Guardia Pascual
10 - Mechael Deldycke

Women

1 - Marla Streb
2 - Sabrina Jonnier
3 - Fionn Griffiths
4 - vanessa Quinn
5 - Celine Gros
6 - Tracey Moseley
7 - Marielle Saner
8 - Bernadita Pizarro
9 - Emmeline ragot
10 - Helen Gaskell

from Transcend Magazine:

For some reason the 4x was cancelled due to a few riders whining like babies that the course was too dangerous in the wet. Most riders were ready to fly their bikes over the muddy mess, but the UCI decided to cancel the event altogether.

To prove his point that the course was rideable, World Champion Eric Carter rode the course in his tighty whities and helmet. Eric is the man, plain and simple.

But the important thing for us is that these results mean Nathan Rennie is the 2003 World Cup Champion, which is an absolutely awesome effort, and after Sam Hill's win last week at the Jr Worlds, once again proves that Australia is a far better place than the rest of the world, at least as far as DH is concerned :D

Congrats to Nathan from Farkin.net, and all of Australia, you've done us proud mate. Props also to Sabrina Jonnier who took out the Womens World Cup Title, I know she's French and all, but full credit to anyone who wins the world cup!

For some more details, check out Transcend Magazine

For full results, check out the following:

Mens Final Results, Kaprun
Mens overall World Cup standings
Womens Final Results, Kaprun
Womens overall World Cup Standings

Belly_up

belly_up

Likes Dirt
The results are in for the Kaprun World Cup, at least for the downhill anyway. The 4x was, ahem, cancelled, because some of the racers are a bunch of wusses, apparently. DH top 10 was as follows:

Men

1 - David Vasquez Lopez
2 - Greg Minaar
3 - Nathan Rennie
4 - Michal Marosi
5 - Fabien Barel
6 - Cedric Gracia
7 - Mickael Pascal
8 - George Atherton
9 - Bernat Guardia Pascual
10 - Mechael Deldycke

Women

1 - Marla Streb
2 - Sabrina Jonnier
3 - Fionn Griffiths
4 - vanessa Quinn
5 - Celine Gros
6 - Tracey Moseley
7 - Marielle Saner
8 - Bernadita Pizarro
9 - Emmeline ragot
10 - Helen Gaskell

from Transcend Magazine:

For some reason the 4x was cancelled due to a few riders whining like babies that the course was too dangerous in the wet. Most riders were ready to fly their bikes over the muddy mess, but the UCI decided to cancel the event altogether.

To prove his point that the course was rideable, World Champion Eric Carter rode the course in his tighty whities and helmet. Eric is the man, plain and simple.

But the important thing for us is that these results mean Nathan Rennie is the 2003 World Cup Champion, which is an absolutely awesome effort, and after Sam Hill's win last week at the Jr Worlds, once again proves that Australia is a far better place than the rest of the world, at least as far as DH is concerned :D

Congrats to Nathan from Farkin.net, and all of Australia, you've done us proud mate. Props also to Sabrina Jonnier who took out the Womens World Cup Title, I know she's French and all, but full credit to anyone who wins the world cup!

For some more details, check out Transcend Magazine

For full results, check out the following:

Mens Final Results, Kaprun
Mens overall World Cup standings
Womens Final Results, Kaprun
Womens overall World Cup Standings

Belly_up

DOM

Eats Squid
Outcast Ryan is kidding .... go wonder around the the Downhill forum youll get the Joke

Jared's good for input if you own a huffy ;)

Jake

Squid
Props to Nafun

Good onya Nafun, you are a super hero!!!! great to finally see you up there on top, its been a hell of a ride so far mate.

oh and another thing.................................<<<<<<<<<<Raining, still. All day. They cancelled DH practice because they have a helicopter dropping gravel on the 4X track, so DH practice began at 2pm. 4X was supposed to race finals tonight-but all 4X has been cancelled, until tomm when they hope it will clear up. If it stops raining it will be muddy no matter what-but who cares, we have all seen mud before. So now they are spending huge amounts of cash on this gravel dropping helicopter, course workers, time delays, TV people ready to go-now on hold...It leaves me with the question shouldnt the UCI have done all this weeks and/or months before?> >>>>>>>>>>Quote from "Stikman"
(Lets see if they take any notice of my recommendations that I gave them 5 years ago. The same ones I gave Farkin.)

Ryan

Radministrator
Good to see that the overall poorest quality World Cup 4X series so far had it's final race cancelled due (according to most sources) to poor course design and a lack of foresight by the organisers.

Sometimes a man just has to bite the bullet and ride the course in his jocks in protest

Eric Carter, legend :)

DOM

Eats Squid
that must of sucked ass being a 4x only rider .. like Lopes or somone .. travellnig all that way to not ride ???

can i get a refund please UCI