World Champs 2010: Mont Sainte Anne DH Results

Scott

bAdmin
Staff member
<embed src="http://blip.tv/play/rQSB%2BshiAA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="450" height="322" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed>

Wow. Just when you thought he wasn't quite back to form Sam goes and dominates the World Champs. We are not worthy.

Outstanding win from Troy Brosnan taking out the Junior men's title (Troy also won the Junior World Cup series).

Men
<table border="0" width="350"><tbody><tr><td valign="top">1</td><td>
HILL Samuel</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:37.93</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">2</td><td>
SMITH Steve</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:40.56</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">3</td><td>
MINNAAR Greg</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:40.93</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">4</td><td>
GWIN Aaron</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:42.01</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">5</td><td>
ATHERTON Gee</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:42.64</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">6</td><td>
BEAUMONT Marc</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:45.52</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">7</td><td>
PEAT Steve</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:45.54</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">8</td><td>
HART Danny</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:45.80</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">9</td><td>
BLENKINSOP Samuel</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:46.26</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">10</td><td>
SPAGNOLO Damien</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:47.61</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">...</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">27</td><td>
KOVARIK Chris</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:55.65</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">53</td><td>
O CONNOR Shaun</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">5:16.91</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">61</td><td>
DELFS Mitchell</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">8:41.89</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">62</td><td>
ATKINSON Bryn</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">DNS</td></tr></tbody></table>

Junior Men
BROSNAN Troy</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:50.71</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">2</td><td>
MULALLY Neko</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:50.77</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">3</td><td>
BUCHANAN Lewis</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">4:59.76</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">4</td><td>
BRANNIGAN George</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">5:03.08</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">5</td><td>
KANGAS Oliwer</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">5:05.61</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">6</td><td>
JOHANSEN Zakarias Blom</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">5:08.93</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">7</td><td>
OGET Ludovic</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">5:09.84</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">8</td><td>
BENTLEY Timothy</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">5:10.83</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">9</td><td>
TRESNAK Petr</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">5:11.05</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">10</td><td>
CHAPMAN Rupert</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">5:12.01</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">...</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">21</td><td>
MOORE Antony</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">5:17.51</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">23</td><td>
LAVIS Daniel</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">5:19.66</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">36</td><td>
PIAZZA Phillip</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">5:30.47</td></tr></tbody></table>

Junior Women:
Lauren</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">5:59.55</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">2</td><td>
LOMBARD Fanny</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">6:13.50</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">3</td><td>
BERTEAUX Julie</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">6:19.74</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">4</td><td>
BAARSPUL Holly</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">6:27.30</td></tr><tr><td colspan="3">...</td></tr><tr><td valign="top">8</td><td>
HOCKEY Emily</td><td align="right" valign="top" width="15">7:08.53</td></tr></tbody></table>

Full results: men, women, junior men, junior women

*No elite women's result yet as the UCI website hasn't posted their results.

Last edited:

orco

Likes Bikes
Top 10 finish for Jill Kintner - not bad for first effort in DH race. Wonder how she will go next year....

NickR

Likes Dirt
Congratulations to Sam and Troy, awesome effort fellas. I bet the production line at Specialized for the 2011 demo 8 is getting ready for a busy time!

Just saw a bit of Steve Smith's run on Freecaster, he had all but thrown it away coming out of a rock garden near the bottom. I don't know how he stayed on the bike, let alone finished second, amazing racing!

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
Am I mistaken - or has Troy Brosnan got one more year in Juniors? Pretty impressive time from the young guy - top 20 in the Men's I think (or within a tenth of a second of it). This kid is going to be a real star.

scblack

Leucocholic
Wil it be mens or womens? Because i recirded the coverage that was on euro sport but it only showed the womens
It does not say either way, I assume it will be both.
GDonehue said:
Am I mistaken - or has Troy Brosnan got one more year in Juniors? Pretty impressive time from the young guy - top 20 in the Men's I think (or within a tenth of a second of it). This kid is going to be a real star.
Troy and the American who came second both have another year in Juniors.

GDonehue

Likes Dirt
impressive by both of them then. Doing a bit of poking around in the UCI archives - the last junior to win before he was in his final year in the U19 was Sam Hill... Who else is beginning to wonder if Cycling Australia is part of a weird cloning project.

thecat

NSWMTB, Central Tableland MBC
Who else is beginning to wonder if Cycling Australia is part of a weird cloning project.
Similar jaw movement when speaking. Similar awesomeness on the bike...

In the words of Zoidberg "I though he was the Roh-bit"

scblack

Leucocholic
Similar jaw movement when speaking. Similar awesomeness on the bike...

In the words of Zoidberg "I though he was the Roh-bit"
Similar riding style: "hips back, knees apart, work the bike from the rear wheel" - I think so anyway.

They have a very similar riding style.

0psi

Eats Squid
impressive by both of them then. Doing a bit of poking around in the UCI archives - the last junior to win before he was in his final year in the U19 was Sam Hill... Who else is beginning to wonder if Cycling Australia is part of a weird cloning project.
Why do you think they cut the XC performance program? Labs are expensive to run!! Good to see that Aussie dominance can continue, the future looks bright.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
If anyone would be so kind as to write me a DVD copy of the broadcast from Saturday I would gladly pay a good amount of cash fro the service.
My recording ceased to exist after a dear friend decided that the message on the screen prompting me to allow the recording wasn't as important as the stupid game of AFL that she was watching while I cooked her dinner. I'm glad her team lost..........
Anyone?

pyrop

Likes Bikes
If anyone would be so kind as to write me a DVD copy of the broadcast from Saturday I would gladly pay a good amount of cash fro the service.
My recording ceased to exist after a dear friend decided that the message on the screen prompting me to allow the recording wasn't as important as the stupid game of AFL that she was watching while I cooked her dinner. I'm glad her team lost..........
Anyone?
Yep can do... Just pm your details.
Cheers
Paul