World champ winner - who will it be?

Who will win the 2009 Worlds?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Glorified!!!

Likes Bikes
Based on his performance at the Stromlo world cup last year and in South Africa this year, I think Greg Minnaar will win. His sheer power could make the difference in the end sprint. Would be cool to see an Aussie take it though, one thing's for sure I'll be there to see!
I agree i think minnaar will win, mainly because he is so fit.

milkybarkid

Likes Dirt
I have honestly no idea...haven't really been paying attention, but I'm definitely hoping that Mick will make his comeback.:D

joshrides

Likes Dirt
I'd love to see:
1. Sam Hill
2. Sick mick
3.Nathan Rennie
4. Kris kovarik
5. Jared Graves

Aussie Top 5 for the win.
but seriously i would still love to see sam take it out, i rekon he has got something big planned for it i would be thinking he will be putting in alot of training towards the track type.

Also i read somewhere that they are changing the bottom section so its not so peddaly, is this true ?

chillywilly

Likes Dirt
Matti, Just because every one would be like "WTF!"., and no one had voted for him.

But really, I think Peaty, Greg, Mick, Graves or CK.

FoxXx

Likes Bikes
As Long as hill dont Win i wont loose $100 :D so im going for mick. But if peaty wins i get me the $100

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I didn't put him in as he isn't doing much on the world cup scene (we all know why) and I want to keep it global. Stromlo suits Rennie and he may be fit enough to pull it off.
What are the chances of an Aussie top three? I reckon the world will here us if it happens!
Can you please fill me in mate?
He likes peddaly trails doesn't he?

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Can you please fill me in mate?
He likes peddaly trails doesn't he?
Rennie has taken some time off from world cups and is in Australia training for the World Champs. He buggered his knee and had surgery and is hoping to be on song by September. I hope he is doing well with his training and everything is healing well but I doubt he'll runt top ten. Any knee surgery is pretty full on and would surely have you out of the saddle for yonks wouldn't it?

k_d

Likes Dirt
I am going to go out on a limb here and say Chris Kovarik. Failing that, any aussie.

My realistic vote is Minaar or Blenki.

But then again, MR Hill could be up there as at the nationals he didnt seem to be going full pace, and he stalled in the gate for a few seconds (so I have heard), so he might have something up his sleve (sp).

Final verdict : I suspect it will be relatively close, but I will go with Kovarik for pure awesome. (also, my skill level might increase just thinking/talking about him winning!!!)

Last edited:

PSYCHO-T

Likes Dirt
Time to pick the winner.
For me, I think Barel will be unbeatable but I'd love to see Mr Peat get the win.
I hope it is Fabien,
and i also hope it ISNT Sam hill, Just so all the little kiddies get their dreams crushed.

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
I hope it is Fabien,
and i also hope it ISNT Sam hill, Just so all the little kiddies get their dreams crushed.
Sure is a terrible thing when young people have a decent role model, makes me sick to my stumoch :rolleyes:

My money would be on Fabien or Minaar, though I'd like sick mick to win.

DH'er_28

Likes Dirt
But then again, MR Hill could be up there as at the nationals he didnt seem to be going full pace, and he stalled in the gate for a few seconds (so I have heard), so he might have something up his sleve (sp).
Yeah I saw the thing they had on SBS a few weeks after the race and it does seem he started the timing then stalled for approximately 10 (?) seconds. At the bottom from where I was watching he was really putting the power down in the sprint, and when he crossed the finish he was 9 seconds off the pace. I don't think he would be that far behind if he hadn't held the gate open. He also didn't seem to be very dissapointed to be so far back; he looked quite pleased with himself. Perhaps we'll see something special from Sam, but I still wouldn't put my money on him for the win.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Yeah I saw the thing they had on SBS a few weeks after the race and it does seem he started the timing then stalled for approximately 10 (?) seconds. At the bottom from where I was watching he was really putting the power down in the sprint, and when he crossed the finish he was 9 seconds off the pace. I don't think he would be that far behind if he hadn't held the gate open. He also didn't seem to be very dissapointed to be so far back; he looked quite pleased with himself. Perhaps we'll see something special from Sam, but I still wouldn't put my money on him for the win.
Call it something else but I reckon that tactic sucks balls.A win is a win which ever way you look at it and if he was sand bagging "just to keep something up his sleeve" for the worlds then I reckon it makes him look stupid, especially if he pins his run and Stromlo and bins it. That reminds me of the Aussie champs at Eildon a few years ago where the riders backed off because they didn't want to wear the national jersey on the world cup scene, it isn't an honest finish.

powley

Clever... and hetrosexual!
Sam Blekinsop is the new hill don't you know! I don't know if Blekinsop will win in Canberra... just because he won once on a steep track basically without pedaling???

hear is my top 5 (not in order)

minaar
peaty
Barel
Atherton
sick mick

what I want to see (not in order)

peaty
hill
rennie
mick
kovarik