working bee in the christmas holidays??

ecd08

Likes Dirt
is there anyone keen for a working bee in the holidays if its okay with dozer and the team? i was thinking about it and is it possible we could incorporate another switchback somewhere down the track further with some reall steep berms that you can absolutely rail??? all the berms need dirt on them and a good reshaping, the jumps need some love too as they are lookin like they havent slept in months :cool: and also the jack off could do with the rocks cleared off the top and some of the DEADLY holes filled in so you dont eat your own face on the way down to earth. also i was talkin to jack and the other boys and they all suggested that we could put some more berms in to make it a faster track and be able to rail them and keep the momentum up and be an all round much funner track. but thats only my opinion. please help out and fix the local dh track and get it rideable again so everyone can enjoy it and not only the 4wd blokes!!
cheers
hayden

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ill give it a go
not sure on the succession of this but worth a go if it's ok with dozer
ill go if you give me a lift up:p
Edit: And you have to put your avatar like mine it's in my albums dooooo ittt
even jordo did
Peace out:)

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
When were you thinking of mate? only two more weekends left in the year except xmas. have a better chance of getting some numbers after newyears. on a sunday morning. you'll also get drivers too cause we're not on school holidays:mad:. post up a date that suits you and we'll work towards it.:cool:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
I'm super keen for that and I've even got an evil plan................
We get a crew together where we all bring one or two tool seach. We drive everyone to the top early one morning and we walk down doing bits and pieces as we go. You'd be amazed at how much work will get done with four five guys chipping in.
I'm off for two weeks over Christmas and I'm keen as to get into it. Lets pencil in Saturday 2nd January or Sunday 3rd. I've been let down by people before who have said they'll be there and just don't show up so only say you're going to help if you mean it!
We'll need shovels, rakes, matics or anything else that you can swing and carry easily. Bring bulk water as well because it'll get hot! Also remember gloves and a hat!
Lock it in!

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i won't be able to do it if it's on a Saturday but if Elksy gives me a lift up i can get there on a sunday
hopefully see you guys soon

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Right then, Sunday the 3rd January it is! Lock it in and put everything else off y'all! We'll meet at 7.30am at the end of the track and then drive a load to the top then walk down, simple!

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
shit yeah bitches. anyone that doesnt show doesnt get to race in the first round of 2010. and gets their name shamed all over rotorburn:eek:.
bring your water and tools and lets smash some work in!.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
For the record, the first or second race we do (whenever that is.......) will be the champs. You better still be pedalling!

ecd08

Likes Dirt
:cool:ahhhhh. pedaling?? i thought this was dh??
hehehe nah just kidding yep ill be there with all my working gear. do we need a barrow or a brushhook?saw or hammer?chainsaw?post hole digger for extra roughness? or crowbar for loosening rocks?
ill deffs bring a metal rake shovel and mattick and BULKKK water and sunscreen/hat. anything else you would like me to bring. i can get it ????
oh and if anyone needs a lift up let me know on 0413397961.

cheers

catch everyone up there on sundy the 3rd!!

oh and dozer i can get a heap of dirt for the dual slalom courrse i and super cheap bobcat price if you would like it but i just need a spot close to mt coramba to dump the dirt because my cousin works for kanga earthmoving and dumps most of his dirt so he said i could have some of it if you wanted.??? would you like some or not?

Last edited:

ecd08

Likes Dirt
yeh i realised that when you told me.all of us will still be goin up tho cos i only have 2 weeks off for my holidays and josh button will most likely be here and may make an appearance to if your nice :p. see you all up there i guess oh and if anyone is goin up before or after on a weekend let me know and ill try and get up there and go for a ride :cool:

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
6 of us from Brisbane just spent the last 2 days there. Didnt see a single other rider :( Thanks for all the work you all do to make this such a cool track :cool:

leftykonashred

Likes Bikes and Dirt
6 of us from Brisbane just spent the last 2 days there. Didnt see a single other rider :( Thanks for all the work you all do to make this such a cool track :cool:
Yeah i guess thats why we planned a working bee to fix the road and maybe jack off but we will see hey boys

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Please remember that we don't want anyoen to change any lines or obstacles without approval. I fyou want to work on the track without supervision just repair some of the flogged sections.;) That'd be awesome boys!

ecd08

Likes Dirt
yepp no worries dozer. im not too keen on working if there isnt anyone else up there like yourself or al or someone that knows the dh stuff so ill just stick to the working bee's or whenever i am up there and see youse as i always carry a mattick and a shovel in the back of the ute when im riding. see you all on the 3rd of jan.:cool:

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
If it is still pissing down on Sunday morning we'll postpone it but at this stage the forecast is for okay weather on Sunday. This rain will actually make the work easier so be ready to get into it.
Remember, 7.30am this Sunday we meet at the end of the track and start at the top.

Jack456

Likes Dirt
Im keen but I dont know how Im gunna get there and shit. Someone wanna come pick me up? I probly wont be awake but Ill try. What time you planning on staying there till?