Wooosh

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Just serviced my forks (just the air side) and they now have a much more pronounced whoosh on rebound. Just a result of being a little light on the grease or something to be worried about?

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Cheers, just had a slight moment of enragement after trying to get those wipers in then hearing that. Cycled through a few times and theres no evidence of stanchion wear so hopefully good.

Last edited:

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
Upon review, something within the dampener is fucked. No lockout and a scrapey kind of feel coming from the drive side leg *sigh* looks like i'm disassembling again tomorrow> Cant explain the reasons as to why just yet though.. didnt even touch that leg :/

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Upon review, something within the dampener is fucked. No lockout and a scrapey kind of feel coming from the drive side leg *sigh* looks like i'm disassembling again tomorrow> Cant explain the reasons as to why just yet though.. didnt even touch that leg :/
You did tighten the foot bolt riiiiiight?

I didn't once, with a similar feel. Discovered it after I snatched it and threw the things across the yard.....

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
You did tighten the foot bolt riiiiiight?
By foot bolt you do mean the bolt under the rebound knob that attaches to the damper shaft? Yes. Only thing i can think of is that i had a little trouble removing the lowers, but that was still mainly from the air side :/

Rhys_

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds like you might have a bit of air in your damper. It probably migrated around while you had the fork inverted to service. I would have said it would settle down (and the noise go back to normal) but sounds like you have other problems..

What fork?

Last edited: