Wiloughby Paddocks

digger

Likes Dirt
glad you're interested big bird,

they are currently not legit, the council are however happy to let the jumps stay there and work to continue provided things don't get out of hand (ie: taking up the whole paddock with jumps and holes getting dirt for jumps, northshore etc) as it is meant to be a dog exercise area. my involvement is just some vague interest in them as i think there's heaps of potential there and there was at one stage a concern that they would be levelled like tom's jumps at artarmon reserve. I called the council to find out whether this was the case and all the above was explained to me. I do know who to contact within the council but not local so don't know any people of influence. I think the best approach would be to talk to an organised club and start talking to the council on the club's behalf, odds are they won't deal with a bunch of individuals who met on a chat site (bring on poppy ray!) although support from other farkiners would help if such a project was to be started.

BiG BirD

Likes Dirt
digger said:
I think the best approach would be to talk to an organised club and start talking to the council on the club's behalf.
totally agree.

digger said:
odds are they won't deal with a bunch of individuals who met on a chat site (bring on poppy ray!) although support from other farkiners would help if such a project was to be started.
yeah you would need names in the end with phone numbers to back up the names!!! i know at least 8 riders who use this area regularly. bmx and mtb.

an age range of the riders maybe useful to. if statistics show that there is a older influence (also a voting influence) 4 this project then it might be succesful (im 20).

also no offence to the younger guys out there they are probaly not the majority but quite a few commit to something 4 a small period and get board with it (thats been reflected in past projects by councils. this reduces the councils willingness to spend the $$$$).

there is also public acceptance (believe it or not most people dont like a lot of jumps in an open area), mainatence issues, and liablity (jump height which is regulated in canberra dj parks until they went to disrepair)

anyway thats my 2 cents :wink:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
BiG BirD said:
digger said:
yeah you would need names in the end with phone numbers to back up the names!!! i know at least 8 riders who use this area regularly. bmx and mtb.

an age range of the riders maybe useful to. if statistics show that there is a older influence (also a voting influence) 4 this project then it might be succesful (im 20).

quote]

I'm 31, don't live in the area but can get a couple of other like aged riders to put name and no. to the cause. I am also happy to put in time and effort (especially during uni hols v-soon) to get it up and running. I need a new environment in which to fall off my bike :D

mtbmx

Likes Dirt
anybody going to be there this weekend if soo ill ride up and we will check the state of the jumps and see what needs to be done i live in lindfield soo ill just ride thee pm me for the place if you need to know :D

BiG BirD

Likes Dirt
johnny said:
BiG BirD said:
digger said:

quote]

I'm 31, don't live in the area but can get a couple of other like aged riders to put name and no. to the cause. I am also happy to put in time and effort (especially during uni hols v-soon) to get it up and running. I need a new environment in which to fall off my bike :D
yeh im in canberra at the moment 4 uni and i cant wait to get home. we have to work out a day where everyone can meet at the jumps and give suggestions.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
end of exams for me is the 26th, after that I'm in.

Some one will have to pm me the actual address as I'm not familiar with the area.

Tomas

my mum says im cool
I do believe Mark (WOW182, i think - he owned a molotov) built, and maintained the paddock jumps. Ive been there once or twice. Had a bad dirt-eating session on the bigger set, but they seemed to be nice jumps.

Patto

Likes Bikes
I have too much time on my hands now that exams have finished...lets get some of us local boys to head up sometime soon and do a bit of work. We need a "jump park" on the north shore....would be a good place to hang with local riders..if anyone wants to come down this week or next, let me know cos I'm keen.

digger

Likes Dirt
i may be up for it if it's later in the day, say around 4pm. gotta work. are you talking tuesday the 6th?? maybe we should transfer this to the watering hole?

BiG BirD

Likes Dirt
digger said:
i may be up for it if it's later in the day, say around 4pm. gotta work. are you talking tuesday the 6th?? maybe we should transfer this to the watering hole?
yeah im posting this on the watering hole.

Samuel

Likes Bikes
hi i am local used to fix them up all the time you guys headding up this saterday 10th july i will be :D

Shintaro

Likes Dirt
I stopped off for a look this arvo and hell yeah it looks good. I have to agree with all the comments about not adding to what is there, simply restoring the various lines to former glory.

Because the dj's (big and solid) are already built up, most of the work has been done, so a few weekends on restoration would make this an unreal DJ area. To cut a long story short, there are 3 really good doubles, and about 7 more that need restoring.