widest dual crown forks?

clockworked

Like an orange
I've got a range vlt and I'm thinking about putting a dual crown fork on to replace the 180mm yaris.
Problem is the headtube is pretty wide amd I'm worried that it'll prevent adequate turning radius with dual crowns.

Is anyone aware of a fork that sits a little wider than the 110mm axle width? Both the fox and rock shox diagrams i found appear tk show the internal width as 110mm consistent with the hub width

Cheers!

Lucaw

Next in line
I've got a range vlt and I'm thinking about putting a dual crown fork on to replace the 180mm yaris.
Problem is the headtube is pretty wide amd I'm worried that it'll prevent adequate turning radius with dual crowns.

Is anyone aware of a fork that sits a little wider than the 110mm axle width? Both the fox and rock shox diagrams i found appear tk show the internal width as 110mm consistent with the hub width

Cheers!
Monster t Is very wide, but that probably won’t help you as it is 26

moorey

call me Mia
If we’re talking mm’s, an old 32mm boxxer will likely have more clearance than a 35mm boxxer or a 40mm Fox.
I have a million ‘why’s?’ and zero logical ‘oh, ok’s’ when there’s brilliant SC forks out there, but good luck.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Love that Intend fork, ridiculous as it is.

@clockworked ultimately, I don't think you'll find anything where the stanchions are dramatically offset from the steering axis, as it just doesn't make sense with respect to the dropouts. Might be worth trying to find someone locally with a DC fork you can try, just to test out whether the reduced turning circle is actually an issue in practice or not. If the DC fork is no go, then you can always go from Yari to one of the newer 38mm chassis SC forks.

clockworked

Like an orange
Its mainly a hypothetical. I put a fast damper in the stock yari and its really turned it into an excellent fork.
It is a 27.5 air sprin fork though, and i was considering a 29er front set up. Or, putting a coil spring in the yari.

Neither of these upgrades are necessary, but i feel i need to keep up with the other dentists

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Dual crowns set their offsets via the crowns. So if you get 51mm offset crowns that should give you the biggest turning circle.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk