Wicked Wombat Enduro Race New Years Eve Jindabyne

Rob GT

Likes Bikes
Hi All,

I hope it's ok for a little self promotion. I'd just like to say that if anyone is keen the entries for the Wicked Wombat 8hr Enduro race are filling up and it's only 3 weeks to go before the event. If you're not up to much for New Years, come to Jindabyne and ride on the private trails at Bungarra Alpine Centre.

For more information visit our website at www.rollingground.com.au and get in quick for the last race of the year.

Happy trails to everyone.
Rob GT

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sounds great. Is there a course profile available? I'll be in Lakes Entrance NYE, so it's not that far away.

Rob GT

Likes Bikes
Wicked Wombat 8hr Enduro - New Years Eve

Hi there, thanks for the question.

Follow this link to the trail map for the Bungarra Alpine Centre MTB trails, http://www.rollingground.com.au/bungarra-trail-network.html
There's over 19km of single tracks including a skills park, pump track, pocket park, flow trail and jumps line.

The course links most of the trails up into one circuit (flowing clockwise from the gear shed) and there's just over 100m of height difference between the lowest and highest part of the trail network with most trails contouring around the property. I don't have a side profile for the events climbing and descending but you'll see 10m contours on the trail map. We'll try to get the course map out soon.

There's more details about the race and entry forms to download at the event page on our website, http://www.rollingground.com.au/wicked-wombat.html

Hope to see you there.

Rob Gant-Thompson

Managing Director
Rolling Ground Jindabyne
Event & Trail Management
6 Mitchell Circuit
Jindabyne NSW 2627
rob@rollingground.com.au
(M) 0423 403 804

MikeyD

Squid
It's a great track for single speed and I hear there'll be beer, food and music after (and maybe during) the race. What more could you want. We'll be there.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
It'd be cool if someone could do a lap and put it up on Strava.

BTW Rob, how long are the laps?

Rob GT

Likes Bikes
Wicked Wombat enduro course

Hi guys,

Thanks for the interest and questions, Yes I can confirm there'll be food, music and beer available during and after the race for those keen. We may even get to have a beer short cut, but we're still working on that one....

The Bungarra Alpine Centre is where we're holding it and the course we'll use will be about 11km of mostly flowing single track on their beginner and intermediate trails, There'll be some gravel and double track to allow for more overtaking opportunities and some more rocky and technical single trail as well.

There's a trail map on our website for the Bungarra trails, follow this link to go to it - http://www.rollingground.com.au/bungarra-trail-network.html (if anyone wants a pdf of the trail map just email me and I'll send it through)

I haven't had the chance to do a full course profile yet but hope to have one soon, but there's only 100m between the lowest part of the trail network and the highest and most trails contour nicely around the property.

We just had a young American pro MTB rider do a few laps and his comment was that it was better than most courses he used to race in the Collegiate national circuit he used to race in. So we're pretty stoked about that.

Anyway hope this helps answer some questions.

Happy trails

Rob GT

Likes Bikes
Wicked Wombat race course

It'd be cool if someone could do a lap and put it up on Strava.

BTW Rob, how long are the laps?
Just checked out Strava and have loaded it on the iphone, I'll get out and ride the course asap and will post the link to the course. It'll probably be tomorrow.

Cheers
Rob GT

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just checked out Strava and have loaded it on the iphone, I'll get out and ride the course asap and will post the link to the course. It'll probably be tomorrow.

Cheers
Rob GT
You're a gun mate. Cheers.

Rob GT

Likes Bikes
Wicked Wombat course on Strava

I got a chance to get on the bike late this arvo and took an easy ride around the race course and was watched by about 30 Kangeroos, 5 Wallabys and heap of rabits.

This is a the general course outline for the Wicked Wombat Enduro at Bungarra Alpine Centre.

I took it easy to test the accuracy of the GPS and software and am impressed with the level of accuracy. There are still a few areas where it didn't pick up all the detail but compared to others I've tried, this is pretty good.

There are several tougher/steeper and longer trails that can be added to this course that add a bit more climbing and descending, but generally it's pretty close.

Hope this helps.

Oh and get your entries in ASAP as it's filling up!!!

Cheers

Rob GT

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks heaps for doing that Rob. Looks like a great course. Good for spectators too, as it's not far to walk to viewing points.

Stevob

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got the green light to enter Rob, but on the proviso that I'm back in Lakes Entrance before midnight. I see the presentations are scheduled for dinner, what time do you envisage that being? I'm not being presumptuous, but I just like to hang around for these.

Rob GT

Likes Bikes
Presentation time for Wicked Wombat

I've got the green light to enter Rob, but on the proviso that I'm back in Lakes Entrance before midnight. I see the presentations are scheduled for dinner, what time do you envisage that being? I'm not being presumptuous, but I just like to hang around for these.
We expect that dinner should start around 7pm and go through to 8 or 8:30 and we're planing to have the presentations during the meal.

Hopefully that'll give you enough time to safely drive back to the entrance and stay in the good books....

Cheers

Rob GT

Rob GT

Likes Bikes
Solo Entry for Wicked Wombat 8hr event

Is there a solo category or just teams? Race entry form doesn't seem to have a solo option.
Hi Rida

When we originally made the entry forms we were only planning to have the event for teams, keeping to the idea that it's more fun to ride with mates. However there's been a good deal of interest from solo riders and we decided to expand our categories for them. As the entry form is a word.doc just change the text for the category to Solo, fill out the rest of your details and send it through. Thanks.

All the best and hope to see you in Jindy for new years.
Rob

Rob GT

Likes Bikes
2 days to register for the Wicked Wombat Event

Hi All,

I hope it's ok for a little self promotion. I'd just like to say that if anyone is keen the entries for the Wicked Wombat 8hr Enduro race are filling up and it's only 3 weeks to go before the event. If you're not up to much for New Years, come to Jindabyne and ride on the private trails at Bungarra Alpine Centre.

For more information visit our website at www.rollingground.com.au and get in quick for the last race of the year.

Happy trails to everyone.
Rob GT
Hi All, I hope you've all had a fantastic Christmas and got lots of 2 wheeled pressies.

If you've eaten and drunk to much then come along to the Wicked Wombat 8hr Enduro and ride those calories off. With only 2 days to go before registrations close it's your last chance to get in for the last mountain bike event for the year.

Hope to see you there

Rob GT

mmatrix

Likes Dirt
we are passing through thredbo after new year for a couple to days. Can these trails be ridden any time or will we need to pay book? info pls?

thnaks

Canbaroo

Likes Dirt
...... it's all here

www.rollingground.com.au

As I understand you need to be a mtb club member and hook up with the the local Jindabyne club members to ride these tracks as they are on private property. Read the links and you will get the picture.