Who rode to School/Work today? Nat. Ride to Work Day today

BrumbyJack

Likes Dirt
i didnt ride to work today 36 k's to work (not that hard) but would be hard because of the fact i have a broken arm and wouldve been quite pointless as im not working due to forementioned broken arm, its a good idea though

Same here, but I normally walk anyway :D I only live about 1k from work, if that!!!

wolfjjj

Likes Dirt
Work from Home

I work from home but thought I should do my bit so I did a loop round the Yarra passing through Fed square on the way home :)

dain2772

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i also rode today but like toodles with the assistance of 750cc's

much easier than pedalling a dh bike the 35km each way
you cheaters!!!! I had only 150cc.

I don't ride to work as I don't like having to scrunch my suit into a bag, and I can't be bothered to bring all my work clothes in once a week, and there is no bike parking, and we have crap showers (ie 6 showers for 12 floors and no privacy whatsoever.

So I ride a scooter instead, which is better than driving, and easier than the bus.

Airbourne Unit

Likes Dirt
I rode, i take my bike on the train from geelong to melbourne, then ride across the city to work in fitzroy. not far i know, but mixing it up with traffic is fun, if not a little dangerous.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
I would have riden but I pumped my Chinese tyre up above half a PSI and it blew up in my farking face. SO I was running later and decided to jog a little. After about 400 metres my right calf muscle decided to tear. I'm now sitting at home, in pain and I blame the farking Chinese tubes. Pieces of farking shite!!!! :mad:

Ouch. Not my best day here.

Binaural

Eats Squid
ditto.............
I would have, but my bike is half a world away and the traffic here in Iran is diabolical. Worst drivers I have ever seen, and I've driven everywhere in SE asia - every day is like the entire populace is late to a c**t convention.

Last edited:

nizai

Likes Dirt
I did :) 10km into Perth CBD.

Thankfully its easy with a government who knows what a bike path looks like.

Andy.G

Likes Dirt
First of four days off for me so no ride to work today.
Just finished four days on and rode every day (including one 0400 start) and did one hour extra loop enroute home every day too !! (normal journey only 15min)
However, I did ride the kids to school today though ...

Every day should be a 'ride to work day' ... there would be a lot less fat, angry climate-changers stewing in their own cholesterol !!!

To Elvis and the Dirt Works crew ... WELL DONE !!!:):):)

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nope, I didnt go to work today because its my B'day, and I dont work on my b'day.......ever.....

I did however throw in a few laps down the park this morning, a little windy but I was the only one there, so it was pretty enjoyable. :)

gixxer

Likes Bikes
yep, I rode into work 2day, its only 10km....first time i've ridden to work, I usually ride my motorbike...:)

Customjimmy

Likes Dirt
I drove to work, found out it was 'ride to work day', and then promptly drove home and then rode back in (on my 70s raleigh folding bike as penance). What a credit to environmentalism!

frostbite

Likes Dirt
Rode in the morning. Got to federation square, saw the lines for breakfast/free stuff, decided to ride onwards to work instead.

I got a cool ride to work day sticker which will now forever adorn my cubicle wall.

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shit, I didn't even know this day existed! I would've ridde but Parkway Drive concert last night finished at 11 and took forever to get home + I had a guy coming to trade tyres with me at 7.

Oh yeah and my bike's are all in the shop :p:D:eek: