Who rides Specialized?

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
im pretty sure sam hill wil be going to iron horse with a sunday worldcup... i have a o8 specialized bighit it is nice, it doesnt make it that good for a full on heavy duty dh bike but good to muck around on drops and jumps
put some boxxeers on the front and dhx3 on the back and maybe sram x9 or x0 on the back and it is a nice bike the breaks are ok hayes stroker or some come with avid juicys
sam hill is on a specilized demo 8 this year. type in "sam hill specilized" into the seach button and you will find 500 threads on it. There are even videos and picturs of him riding them and sections in mags about it.

GRAPPA

Squid
oh no i stuffed up
he was coming from an ironhorse sunday world cup going to specialized demo 09 i think it is red?
well any way specialized bighits number 1 cost around 1600- 2100 matters where you go, there all right and grom hits are extremely rare in australia

i ride a 04 bighit and absolutly love it, its getting old, everything is slowly getting replaced, but the 24" rear whell is so annoying trying to find tyres for it!, other then that, i'd recommend one!:p

forbnmad1

Likes Bikes
tell me about it!!! 04 bighit 24 inch rear. found a maxxis high roller 2.5 to fit 24inch at TBSM. only place i could find them anywhere!
I love my bike though. it'll break me before i break it and its so versatile in the setup of shock angles for the rear end. any rider can set one up for their own style.

todd28

Likes Dirt
My mate has an 04 bighit. Its ok i guess. Wouldn't buy one. 05, not a big fan of either. specialized have only just picked up their game from 07-08 onwards.

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
Drove from Brisbane to Newcastle and return to pick this up yesterday. Its an 04 Demo 9 Pro. With a few bits from a Demo 9 DH. It had been riden less than 10 times since new. You could not have picked that it had been ridden at all. :cool:

Took it out this morning for a ride and it shits all over my mates Scott Gambler which i previously thought was a pretty sweet ride.

Attachments

verhoefenator

Likes Dirt
i just got a Specialized bighit 05 spec
and built it up on the weekend
i think it rides sweet as
brought the frame and built it up

Last edited:

jobi_one

Likes Bikes
one of the best designed bikes....alot of other brands use their patent horst lingage design like intense and norco

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
one of the best designed bikes....alot of other brands use their patent horst lingage design like intense and norco
If you're going to come out and make bold statements please make sure you get your information correct before you make a jackass of yourself on the internet.

Intense does not use the FSR linkage. Intense and Santa Cruz worked together to create VPP (Virtual Pivot Point). This linkage is not the same as the FSR linkage found on Specialized and Norco frames.

jobi_one

Likes Bikes
read it again maybe u dont know what a" horst lingage" is as i didnt say fsr and im talking about intense when they had four bar lingage set up

aidz44

Likes Dirt
the "horst link" is a very common design, i don't think speshy designed it.

but lets save this argument for another thread

jobi_one

Likes Bikes
in a single rear pivot which creates what’s known as the Horst Link. The Horst Link, for those of you who are new to this , is a set of rear pivots located on the chainstay just below and in front of the rear drop-out. This suspension design element is named after designer Horst Leitner, who created the system back in 1991 and featured it on his line of AMP bikes. Though AMP went belly up (as far as bikes are concerned) in the late 90’s the design has lived on in Specialized Bicycles line of bikes. Specialized bought the Horst Link patent in May of 1998 and has used the courts to rid competitors’ bike lines of the Horst Link ever since. Giant, GT, Jamis, Ellsworth (though Tony would contend this point), Turner, Intense and a fistful of other companies all used (or still use) the Horst Link on their bikes.

Why? What’s so damn great about this simple pivot point? Oh, that’s a long story, so I’ll strive to keep this short: the Horst Link essentially allows the rear suspension to cycle freely—even when the rear brakes are applied. This is critical because you typically want your rear suspension to move in as smooth and uninhabited a fashion as possible when you’re bombing down hill
:) cheers

Last edited:

tmc_2

Likes Dirt
Well explained , seems like you where around back then too when Full suspension mtb where just starting to really pickup