Who has busted their ISCG mounts

actionchris

Likes Dirt
I'm planning to try a single ring set up on my reign X0 and i would like to run a guide for security. I was set on a e13 lg1+ until i read a review on it saying that an SRS+ would be a better choice as the taco guard on the lg1+ places to ISCG mounts under a large amount of stress in a big ground out which can bend them. Has this happened to anyone before. If so could the frame be warrented and could it be fixed. My reign X uses the old style ISCG mounts. I've read their weaker, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks for any help

andrew_o

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I have slightly twisted my mounts and bent the bolts holding the boomerang on from using a tacho on my glory. Saying this though I do ride quiet demanding tracks and not the smoothest rider.

actionchris

Likes Dirt
Thanks i might just go an SRS+ the extra weight doesnt bother me. Ive got some nice dents in my current bashy so it will probably be a good move

Sean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
SRS+'s are sooo light anyway... just keep an eye on the bashy, I've seen some fairly munted up ones after hitting rocks a bit too hard...

rupertc

Likes Bikes
I've hit my lg1+ heaps of times, like quite literally landed on it when jumping into rock gardens and the mounts are fine.

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'd say you'd be alright, ive hit mine a fair few times on mulitple bikes and had no problem.

It's up to you, but i prefer lg1's over SRS's