Who do you look up to

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
my older bro, super dedicated to his footy, been turned down by a good club twice but kept on training so can now go play interstate. he keeps me working hard at my riding.

all my riding mates, just feel super pumped when they hit something fast or big.

old man, so bloody creative. good at helping me ghetto fix my bike ;)

lace armstrong, for his commitment. incredible

Pinner

Likes Dirt
Mum. For being one of the most determined people / athletes i've ever known. Broke both her elbows, nose and an arm in an accident (completely not her fault), was told she' never be able to compete seriously again (Triathlon) ... one year later she was Long course World Champion, and got on the podium at Ironman Hawaii. I <3 her.
Whoa, your mum is (or has been) a world champ!?!?!?

That's amazing!!!

jazza_wil

Likes Dirt
when i was in whistler i jumped on the chairlift with the really cool down to earth guy that invited me to do a run with him. he looked factory and was a pinner so i though he was a WC racer. he left me for dead but slowed up a few time and showed me some good lines. after that i saw him competing in crankworx and he was killing it. at the after party heaps of people were hanging around him and a few people were writing his name on their arms and legs, i felt like a dick a bit but asked for is autograph and he was kind enough to give it to me. it wasnt till a few weeks ago that i found out but he was an aussie, living in ballarat, i even ride there sometimes! his name was william geor. can anyone tell me more about him?

zoidberg

Hooraaay, I'm helping!
when i was in whistler i jumped on the chairlift with the really cool down to earth guy that invited me to do a run with him. he looked factory and was a pinner so i though he was a WC racer. he left me for dead but slowed up a few time and showed me some good lines. after that i saw him competing in crankworx and he was killing it. at the after party heaps of people were hanging around him and a few people were writing his name on their arms and legs, i felt like a dick a bit but asked for is autograph and he was kind enough to give it to me. it wasnt till a few weeks ago that i found out but he was an aussie, living in ballarat, i even ride there sometimes! his name was william geor. can anyone tell me more about him?
I once tried to buy him a beer, but he wouldn't take it. Maybe if I'm faster next season?

222man

Squid
I once tried to buy him a beer, but he wouldn't take it. Maybe if I'm faster next season?
I also was fortunate enough to meet William geor and i too tried to buy him a beer but he wouldnt take it. At first i thought it was because he was in training but it turns out he is battling a crippling disease that stops him from eating wheat. Such an inspiration to see him out there having fun.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Mum. For being one of the most determined people / athletes i've ever known. Broke both her elbows, nose and an arm in an accident (completely not her fault), was told she'd never be able to compete seriously again (Triathlon) ... one year later she was Long course World Champion, and got on the podium at Ironman Hawaii. I <3 her.
If you don't mind me asking, what's her name? I'm a triathlete myself (competing in Ironman Australia in April, going to be doing it off 3 months training :eek:).

aday

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I also was fortunate enough to meet William geor and i too tried to buy him a beer but he wouldnt take it. At first i thought it was because he was in training but it turns out he is battling a crippling disease that stops him from eating wheat. Such an inspiration to see him out there having fun.
We once rubbed Williams knife all over bread thinking it would be funny but it turned out to be a disaster, being ellergic to bread, William incured a serious infection to his shoulder & was rushed back to Australia to undergo life threatening surgery to his shoulder. So get well soon Pal!

camday

Likes Dirt
people like William only come around once in a life time, i was lucky enough to meet him. i recon we will see him on 'This Is Your Life' in a few years with some amazing heroic stories behind him.

It is great to see him out and about since his return.
I'm sure that with him wearing his array of wolf shirts, day in, day out, that they will help him be someday cured.

It wont be long til we see him on TV, 'Will invades Big Brother' or similar. What a trooper

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Goodluck with the IM off 3 months training! I'd completely die! What time you hoping for?
Bah, it'll be a walk in the park. Quite literally, the run leg passes through a few...

Nah it should be alright, I ran the marathon of IM Western Australia back in December and did a pretty good time with only 3 months very casual training, if I put in over the next few months I shouldn't find it too hard.

Time? Sub 17 :p

It'll be my old man's 50th and my 1st (I'll also be the youngest competitor), so a big day for us all.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hah! You'll be able to make it easy!
Haha hopefully. If I beat the old man i'll be happy.

50th Ironman!? :eek: That's a fair bloody effort! Congratulate him for me! Goodluck to you too, i hope to someday complete an Ironman, though i think i'm a fair way off it at the moment :p
He's mental, his #46 will be IM Florida this coming weekend (maybe the weekend after?), and then he's doing WA, Malaysia, New Zealand and then Australia. I'll let him know though, it's always good to know another person thinks he doesn't belong in the land of the sane :p

Get into it! It's surprisingly easy, after a few hours you just kinda go through the motions without thinking about the pain. The hardest bit about it all is being inside your own head for so long, if you can do that you'll be fine.
When I was training for the marathon, after about 30km of running my mind would start to wander, and i'd find myself counting my steps. Often I wouldn't realise until i'm a few hundred in, and by then it's bloody hard to stop - drives you crazy!

fryshaun

Likes Bikes
people like William only come around once in a life time, i was lucky enough to meet him. i recon we will see him on 'This Is Your Life' in a few years with some amazing heroic stories behind him.

Being in whistler you hear alot of rumours.. but the ones about william always turn out to be true.. he'll only do shots because beer drinking isn't fast enough for him.. and I heard a rumour that he won't race the WC because he doesn't want to embarrass the field! and look out guys! the whistler bike park trail crew have just finished building a new track in garbanzo, just off in deep.. they're calling it 'geor speed'...

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
He's mental, his #46 will be IM Florida this coming weekend (maybe the weekend after?), and then he's doing WA, Malaysia, New Zealand and then Australia. I'll let him know though, it's always good to know another person thinks he doesn't belong in the land of the sane :p

Get into it! It's surprisingly easy, after a few hours you just kinda go through the motions without thinking about the pain. The hardest bit about it all is being inside your own head for so long, if you can do that you'll be fine.
When I was training for the marathon, after about 30km of running my mind would start to wander, and i'd find myself counting my steps. Often I wouldn't realise until i'm a few hundred in, and by then it's bloody hard to stop - drives you crazy!
Blood hell! Did he do Hawaii a few weeks back?

I may get into it, if i start training how i'd be able to complete my first in atleast 2030 :p Yeah, i think once i was halfway through each leg i'd be right, just gets to the point where you don't think about it at all, just swim / pedal / run. And i really don't mind being inside my own head :eek: I'm a fair weirdo, but i kinda like it, was also one of the reasons i started swimming.

murphnat

Likes Dirt
Being in whistler you hear alot of rumours.. but the ones about william always turn out to be true.. he'll only do shots because beer drinking isn't fast enough for him.. and I heard a rumour that he won't race the WC because he doesn't want to embarrass the field! and look out guys! the whistler bike park trail crew have just finished building a new track in garbanzo, just off in deep.. they're calling it 'geor speed'...
I also hear that he likes to sleep with other male downhill racers as well. Apparentaly he thinks that he can double his testostarone this way. Once in Kamloops he tried to sleep with me. Luckley Jazza Wilson got footage of the even and it clearly has me on camera telling him to stop but he would not. The next morning i stole his pedals and vowed never to give them back to him.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/video/video.php?v=1255456989270