Which Tubless Valve?

kooga

Likes Bikes
I cant say for your particular rim, but have had no issues with Stans valves on may different rims. They just tightening nicely into the hole, which creates the airtight seal.

ianganderton

Likes Dirt
I've found that the conical design of the stans valves fit any rim, even the single wall clown shoes on my moonlander. The DT ones are reasonably rim specific.

So either will do the job on the rims you have but the DT ones might not fit what ever rims you get in the future. My valves seem to outlast my rims

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Could possibly be a contender for the stupid questions thread, but anyway....

I have a set of DT Swiss EX1501 wheels and want to convert to tubeless. Which valves do I need?

DT Swiss - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/au/en/dt-swiss-tubeless-valve/rp-prod81463

Stans - http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/...al-35mm-valve-stem-pair-mtb-2016/rp-prod68565

Anything else?

Thanks!
I bought the Ethirteen ones from Clickbike for about 25 bucks shipped. They are a bit different from all the previous ones I have used, but seem to work well so far (have not ridden them yet, haha).

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Unless your rim is UST, which I doubt it is, go for the Stans. They just work, I've considered the E13s but the look to be rim specific,requiring a fairly narrow channel in the rim bed to seal properly.

scblack

Leucocholic
I have Campagnolo ones which work perfectly, but that's in Campagnolo road rims.

My Mavic wheels on the MTB have Mavic ones I assume, they work perfect.

I will admit, I just use what came with the wheel, have no experience changing them.:heh:

TheAzza

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Unless your rim is UST, which I doubt it is, go for the Stans. They just work, I've considered the E13s but the look to be rim specific,requiring a fairly narrow channel in the rim bed to seal properly.
They come with a couple of different adaptors for different rim beds. Well, flat or not flat.

I found the length on the Stans to be the best when inflating sans valve core. The pump does seem to pop off the e13 ones a little easily.

the drizzle

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I the same wheels (xm1501 spline) and set them up tubeless with gorilla tape and the free Rubena valves I got when I bought some rubena sealant on ebay.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

BT180

Max Pfaff
Thanks guys. Sounds like the Stans could be the go. The wheels are tubeless ready, so I shouldn't need anything else should I (apart from sealant obviously)?

ForkinGreat

Knows his Brassica oleracea
Thanks guys. Sounds like the Stans could be the go. The wheels are tubeless ready, so I shouldn't need anything else should I (apart from sealant obviously)?
tape, patience, willingness to follow the directions, and some soapy water to help get the tyres on and the bead seated properly.

jarrod839

Banned
Stans valves and bear PVC tape wrapped twice worked for me. Had to use a compressor and a extra scoop of sealant to get a magic mary up.