Which shock for an '02 AC1

Just took my '02 Giant AC1 into the local bike shop to get the rear shock replaced as the original Rock Shox pro-deluxe blew out. I returned to the shop to find it has been replaced with a ARIO 3.2 fitted. It is an air shock which is different from the original spring shock but the shop insists it the correct replacement for the bike. Does anyone have any idea if this is correct or not? Just about to go for a ride on it but am pretty sure something heavier duty is required. Any info would be appreciated, or if someone knows where the is a prodeluxe sitting around doing nothing hmmm?

First ride out and the damn thing blew a seal on the first jump, and it was only small. Stupid bike shop owners they are idiots.

peanut

Likes Dirt
The ac uses a 7.5 x 2 inch rear shock (190 x 50mm), pretty much there is a shock from every shock manufacturer that will suit,in that size.
FOX,cane creek,rock shox manitou, marzocchi all produce shocks in that size that will fit.
if you only want coil then fox,manitou,marzocchi still have shocks to suit.(i don't know if you can get a RS vivid in 7.5 x 2)

The ario is pretty decent for AM but i think it's out of it's league for FR, but still you have to run the right air pressure in it,How much did you have?, why didn't you get the pro deluxe rebuilt instead?, have a hunt on the classifieds on here for something suitable.