Which is more neck brace friendly?

Josh222

Likes Dirt
Hey guys im going shopping for some more body armor, I would like to know which is more neck brace friendly the Troy Lee Designs BP 3800-HW Sleeveless Shirt or the 661 core saver vest. These are both core savers and thats all i want.

rb baby

Likes Dirt
Hey guys im going shopping for some more body armor, I would like to know which is more neck brace friendly the Troy Lee Designs BP 3800-HW Sleeveless Shirt or the 661 core saver vest. These are both core savers and thats all i want.
Which neck brace do you have?

Yippee_Ki_YayMF

Likes Dirt
I have the above body protector as well, though it does have a spine which apparently you don't want. I actually got mine mostly for the spine, cause god damn I don't want a broken back. :)

Anyway, in the small time I've had with it, it has been serviceable. Fits well with the Leatt neck brace and is very light. I've had one massive off whilst wearing it and no injury to me... though I don't think the vest took a direct blow. It doesn't move and keeps the neck brace pretty secure as well. I've only ridden it in the winter so no summer time experience, but I don't think it will be ridiculously hot.

So far I am giving it a thumbs up.

Last edited:

rb baby

Likes Dirt
As far as I know you should only use Leatt products with Leatt Neck Brace.

I have just ordered a Leatt Neck Brace and as soon as CRC stocks are replenished I will be ordering the Chest Armour as shown above as well...

If only I had of been wearing it a month ago... I wouldnt be in bed recovering from a punctured lung, 5 broken ribs and still have my spleen...

Get Mounted

Likes Dirt
I use a 661 core saver with a leatte brace. It works well, the back of the brace slips in the gap between the spine protector and the core saver liner. The gap is designed specifically for this purpose. You just have to cut a small slit in your jersey for the back of the brace to pass through but thats no problem.

I've also removed the chest protector from the vest as it isn't the most ergonomic. Now I don't even notice I'm wearing it yet have reasonable spine and neck protection.

drivebytrucker

Likes Dirt
i have the 661 core saver 2010 model. the to 3 or 4 spine plates are removable to allow the fittment of neck braces, no need to cut jersey open.

Az

Likes Dirt
As far as I know you should only use Leatt products with Leatt Neck Brace.

I have just ordered a Leatt Neck Brace and as soon as CRC stocks are replenished I will be ordering the Chest Armour as shown above as well...

If only I had of been wearing it a month ago... I wouldnt be in bed recovering from a punctured lung, 5 broken ribs and still have my spleen...
Aussie RRP is $149.95 and are instock........ why bother waiting for CRC.

.:ROBBO:.

Likes Dirt
I run the long sleave version of the TLD and it works perfect with my leatt. It was designed to work with the leatt. The 661 core saver was not.

rb baby

Likes Dirt
Aussie RRP is $149.95 and are instock........ why bother waiting for CRC.

Well if you really must know,
I can't ride for at least a couple of months and in the meantime I would like too save money where ever I can as I'm only receiving 75% of my salary so the extra $40 can buy me some more medication or another visit to the quack which I'm finding out costs a fortune...

So I say cheers to the likes of CRC helping me out with really good deals and free delivery, which is funny because just about all local retailers will tell you the cost of freight drives the prices up but yet online shops can slaughter them on prices time and time again and before anybody says buying power, overheads etc...
All you have to do is lower the prices turn the products over and start looking after your customers and maybe people like me may start to show some loyalty again...

I guess that's why I'm happy to wait :)

I should add to that seen as how CRC have a really good sale on at the moment I've decided to build another bike while I'm off work so I'm really just trying to afford everything I want NOW hahaha

Last edited:

Get Mounted

Likes Dirt
I run the long sleave version of the TLD and it works perfect with my leatt. It was designed to work with the leatt. The 661 core saver was not.
The 661 was actually. Not sure about the latest ones but mine was a 2011 and it explicitly stated it was Leatt neck brace compatible. Hence the space between the spine protector and the core saver liner to place the thoracic plate of the neck brace. Furthermore the padding on the shoulders is designed to skirt around the outside of the neckbrace.

I purchased this before Leatt brought their own range of armour out. Whilst I have had no issues with the 661 core saver, I'd likely purchase a Leatte spine protector if I was buying again. I guess it's hard to beat the synergy you'd get from dual Leatt products.