which bike?? giant, mongoose or specilized

which dh weapon

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MacNamara22

Likes Dirt
hey all

i am selling my current dh bike after a season of racing and i want to up grade to a more dh race style bike. i have am tossing it up between a 2010 giant glory dh1, 2010 mongoose boot'r (boxxer race version) and the 2010 specilized demo 8 (boxxer race). I am not worried about the price as i am pretty sure they are all under $5000. any feed back would be great an oppions cuz they are all so good and i cant decide

cheers nick

pictures

Last edited:

ac_DHer

Likes Dirt
If your happy spending 5G ill probably suggest looking at the mongoose team spec RRP is like $4800ish thats a bit more comparable (sp). But going on looks along id be hitting up the glory looks pretty sweet.

dj ben

Likes Dirt
i found a bigger picture of the mongoose for you.
but i would get the specialized.

EDIT: sorry just noticed you've got bigger pics now

Last edited:

mitch58

Likes Dirt
Yeah they've all got good specs but I like the look of the Glory thats just my opnion though I think you would be happy with either of the three.

Wiffle

Likes Dirt
All nice, all different. I'd say the Goose will probably pedal best, Specialized will be plushest, Giant will be in between on both counts. Depends where/how you ride, sure you won't go wrong with any of them. The Goose and Giant will probably be best value.

cjm102

Likes Dirt
I think this is a good poll and a question many people will be asking this year to come. I am in a similar position and finding it hard to make the choice. If it was down to Geo I would go for Spacialized, but the glory is always fantastic value for money. These few questions have left me in limbo and going round and round trying to find the right bike for ME.

Also the Demo comes with Race forks not the teams, unless you are having them changed.

Chris

flatbeat

Likes Bikes
They all have roughly the same spec, in terms of quality the demo/glory are bombproof im not to sure about the goose. They will all do the job, i suggest test driving them all and seeing which one you like, its the only way to decide.

supadan808

Likes Bikes
i would go the team goose if your looking at 5G

but the 2010 mongooses wont be in the country till december.

i just went through the same decision but with the team and the glory DH0

iam getting the DH0 as i cant wait till the end off the year

hucker_boy

weekly chode
id say get the demo they are the nicest bikes out, i had the 07 mongoose ecd and they pedal heaps good but the rear end feels like it doesnt move on the rock gardens and mine cracked also the glorys feel mad but nothing beats the feel of a demo