Where's your favourite DH track

2dogs

Squid
I rode Mammoth Kamikaze back in the early 90's on a renta bike. Scary thing about the US bikes is the reverse brake setup, kinda scary entering a hairpin at 90kmh, bike shuddering on the braking bumps and you're unsure which end is about to lock up. If you overshoot, you will likely land about 150m down the slope on your first bounce.
Not my fave trail but I do like to brag!

For me, you can not beat the Portes Du Soleil in the Alps, hundreds of tracks all accessible via your Ski lift pass... and some epic day trips.
Just the way to the different tracks is better than most anywhere in the world.
Was there last year and my mind was blown away completely.

Any place where you wash your bike in Evian... get's a thumbs up from me! :D

Last edited:

jacko13

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Al's track.

not saying where it is but first three minutes is super steep rockgarden which shoots you into 50-60k an hour trail. mad fun. about 8 minutes long too :)

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Steve Jones at Albany Creek, Brisbane...

On a more serious note, The national DH course in Rotorua, NZ.

Accidently riding that for the first run of the day, with rain, with kenda surprises was hektic!

Al's track.

not saying where it is but first three minutes is super steep rockgarden which shoots you into 50-60k an hour trail. mad fun. about 8 minutes long too :)
That sounds incredible! The trails I've hit so far are only like 4 minutes long max. :(
Plus they're nowhere near as fast...

Faith3_Nobbi-man

Likes Dirt
NOBODY HAS SAID DEL RIO........ look, i know the push up aint for panzy's, and the tracks kinda short... but its awsome..

Coffs harbour track... superb ;D .... and the "private" sets of trails surrounding the hill behind my house. <3 the jumpss

needaride

Likes Dirt
I noticed earlier some one saying "Ourimbah - steep"...??? I love the track but its not really steep! Awaba is epic, best track if you want to improve. But favourite would have to be Mt. Coramba!!! If you pin the rock/concrete garden at the very top of Coramba you deserve some respect! (i dont haha)

For any Cooranbong locals on here shouts out to our version of One Tree! Yew

RMS116

Likes Dirt
Thredbo is awsome (when dry/damp).
Stromlo is sick, but only when the gates are open.
Given the description in the sunshine series thread of
beerburrum that might be a good one too and I'll be able
to say if it is or not hopefully in the holidays