Where's Creaky?

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
I'll check the mount bolt/hanger tomorrow, but still curious if anyone has any advise re the clutch being serviceable?
Yeah pop the round black plastic cap off, there's a large (torx) Allen bolt behind it, loses or tighten to see if you can get it to stop ticking.

I've used an Allen key to adjust in the past.

dkselw

Likes Bikes
I cant find online if its serviceable or if I can lube it somehow, or is it sealed?
The older SRAM clutches were easy to service. Just remove the cover, and undo the torx bolt inside, grease and reassemble.
My 2015 X0 derailleur has the torx bolt pinned from the side. I spent some time levering the pin out with a knife blade while wiggling the torx bolt. Once the pin was out, it was the same to service as the older version. When reassembling I did not put the pin back in and I used Loctite 248 on the torx bolt. Adjust the torx bolt for how tight you want the clutch. Mine has been great since.

I think the clutch on mine was the type 2.1 clutch.
The 2017 version may be the type 3 clutch. This one may not be adjustable/serviceable. Have a look to see which clutch version you have.

dkselw

Likes Bikes
The older SRAM clutches were easy to service. Just remove the cover, and undo the torx bolt inside, grease and reassemble.
My 2015 X0 derailleur has the torx bolt pinned from the side. I spent some time levering the pin out with a knife blade while wiggling the torx bolt. Once the pin was out, it was the same to service as the older version. When reassembling I did not put the pin back in and I used Loctite 248 on the torx bolt. Adjust the torx bolt for how tight you want the clutch. Mine has been great since.

I think the clutch on mine was the type 2.1 clutch.
The 2017 version may be the type 3 clutch. This one may not be adjustable/serviceable. Have a look to see which clutch version you have.
Type 2 clutch

Type 2.1 clutch
You can see the pin that needs to be removed in the first post here https://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/sram-type-21-clutch-adjustment/
This is one description on how to remove the pin https://www.pinkbike.com/forum/x_directtolastpost/?commentid=6508827

Type 3 clutch
???

In my case I did not mind risking damaging the derailleur as the clutch was not doing anything at all. It was either have a go at fixing it or throw it in the bin.