where to buy?

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
hey guys i am looking out for a leatt gpx club preferably to buy for as cheap as possible, i know you can get them for $600 from mxfactory.com or whatever its called but i was wondering if its possible to get them cheaper? now i know there are threads like this but they dont usually tell u much.

because i wear body Armour i want to know if it will still fit properly i think it should but i wont to make sure, also should i got to a bike shop get one fitted up properly and then buy it? and my main question is about size, i am 170cm tall i have a chest width or whatever of 80cm and i am a 15 year old growing reasonably steady. i was wondering if i will fit a medium or else how long do your reckon i will have before i grow out of a small? also if i wear it over the top of some dainese body armour will that make me fit better?
i will be happy to buy a second hand one if it isn't damaged or recked and i have some info out of this thread.
thanks louie. :)

Last edited:

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
thanks Hamish, although i think i did read somewhere that the alpinestars are made specifically for motorbikes and don't suit mountain bikers or something.

mxwill63

Likes Dirt
thanks Hamish, although i think i did read somewhere that the alpinestars are made specifically for motorbikes and don't suit mountain bikers or something.
Louie no-offence mate but there is no difference between a neckbrace, they are not just for motorbikes as they are built for the protection of your neck, whatever sport you are involved in. Today more and more extreme sports are making the safety switch to neckbraces. So dont be put off by the alpinestars brace as it will do exactly what a leatt will do, and for that price id really be considering one.

And again im sorry but why would they be for sale on a MTB website if they are for motorbikes?, so i recon this neckbrace would be something to consider. Sorry for being a little harsh mate and i hope you are able to find one you want:)

hazza6542

Eats Squid
No it's something about the protection they provide, something along the lines of the Alpine Stars not providing as much protection from rolling your head, not too sure but theres a thread on it somewhere in here.

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
thanks guys and hamish its something to do with that but also they are designed for motobike helmets not dh helmets and therefore dont fit as well or something, its in neck brace advise or whatever the thread is.

macca21

Likes Dirt
both brands work fine, it's personal preference really. the range of adjustment allow them to compensate for the slightly different helmet sizes.

for fitting a leatt brace, just use the instructions in the box, because from my experince only about half the stores know how to do it properly anyway.

they DO NOT work to their max potential over hard shell armour! if it goes under the armour then it's fine or over soft-padding armour.
i found the leatts to be more comfortable too.

as to mx vs dh helmet use; the only dh helmet specific brace is the leatt dbx, neither the alpinestars or leatt gpx's are designed to suit a dh helmet. that said they still work fine.

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
thanks guys and yeah im wearing dainese body armour and thats only hardshell on the shoulders, spine and arms

macca21

Likes Dirt
yeah it's a bit of a pain, i ended up taking off the top couple of scales from my armour's guard.
good luck