Where to buy a fire rake ?

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Hey peeps don't know if this is posted in the wrong place but seemed fitting for this thread.
Was wondering if any trail builders out there use fire axes in there arsenal of tools for building ?
I have seen a few different styles but thought it would be awesome for packing in lips and rakeing.
Had a google search and couldn't find much info on where to get one.
I'm located in Melbourne aswell buy the way.
Cheers.

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Awesome cheers fellas I did find the one in the first link but was hoping that some one knew where I could buy one locally like this wknd.
Thanks once again.

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Buy any chance would you know out of the ones listed on the links, which ones would have a flat bottom ( not sticking out ) for packing ? That is probably one of the main points I'm looking for ?

shadow knight

Likes Dirt
Something like the solid one piece one on the second page is something I would be keen on.
I think a one piece one is what I'm chasing, something that can take some abuse I'm not fussed about making a couple trips back and forth from my ute to get my tools down to where I'm building.
Thanks peeps use have been of great help.
Will pop down to bunnings after work tomorrow and see if they have anything that tickles my fancy.

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Cyclone McLeod is a good tool, provided you don't let anyone go nuts with it.

I cut a new tine and welded a rib down the length of each out side tine to stiffen it up. It is much better to use now.

stoo

Likes Dirt
I made one from a bit of tube and a 3mm corten plate offcut, piss easy to make and cost nothing but the handle.
It's on the heavy side, good for packing down....