Wheel Wobble

Coopz

Likes Dirt
I have a older Specialized XC and both wheels have a weird vertical wobbly, like they bob up and down, not visually but you can feel it through the bike. The tyres were replaced and the wheels are in line with no vertical or horizontal movement. The bearings seem OK as both wheels spin freely for ages as well. All the spokes are good with no damage or loose ends.

Are the hubs stuffed or something? Riding over 20kph the bobbing is very noticeable.

Coopz

Likes Dirt
Tyre are probably not seated properly. Deflate, spray bead with soapy water and inflate again.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

I thought this was the problem, as they were getting a bit worn I swapped them out but the brand new tyres have the same issue. They seem to be well seated.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
If everything is running true (radially and laterally) when the wheel is spinning, but if feels like it's bobbing it sounds like something could be out of balance?

It's not some weird scenario like it was setup tubeless then sat with flat tyres and the sealant has seeped into the rim and solidified, or you're running incredibly heavy valve caps (thinking of those metal dice or skull type things that used to be popular on BMXs) or something?

You'd think that'd be noticeable when spinning the wheels off the ground though...