Whats peoples problems in riding a bike.

Gekigengar

Likes Dirt
heres the story.'

Inside my LBS just checking out some new stock about to leave and these kids on skateboards walking past pretty much yell out.. " PPFFFT BIKES.. what a load of crap!"

I didnt say anything but pretty much sstare at them and give them the what do you want attitude. like i always do (this wasnt the first time iv had encounters like this)

This made me think. We mountain bike riders arn't like this so why are people who are skaters BMXer's and any other form of street sport gives us shit. What exactly is there problem. We didnt do anything to deserve this ... or did we?

is it the fact that we use suspension to our aid?... or could it be the 26'' wheels are they too big? or is it that they think we cheat by using technologies like suspension or any other thinks like pads and pressure suits. It just annoys me how some people automatically think they are much better because they skate or have smaller wheels or even because they dont wear a helmet.
This is what i think i honestly think that people like them are intimmidated by us. Because of the ability to go bigger, further and even pump out some stylish tricks.
So to the people who think they are better than us mtb riders. SHUT UP!!! you guys are not better than us we have never said we are better than you people so just give it a rest!!

i cant say that ive experienced what you have just stated although i have heared that skaters can be pretty teritorial. what i have found though is that when you meet someone and discuss hobbies etc and you mention you ride their first reaction is 'or motorbikes?' which i do but when i also add that i am really into pushbikes i just get a blank stare. they all seem to think that pushbikes are for your sub 12 year old catergory. which kinda pisses me off because they know nothing about it and assume you just ride around pavements for hours on end.im sure if they found out the extent to which most of us (by us i mean farkin.net users) ride they would maybe understand.thats just something ive found over time but meh, im gunna ride anyways so they can think watever they want.

tim_69

Likes Dirt
Well with the bmxs we just get a bad reputation for the mountain bikers that just go to parks and snake everyone, and they have it stuck in there head that because we have 6 more inchs of wheel we will stuff up jumps. And with the skaters well yer thats just skaters for ya.

sawtell

The Great White Rooks Hunter
Because they can... Its an age old question, in the end who gives a fuck.. like really we are not 13 year olds (well some of us are) we have the maturity to just ignore them....:)

Reasons behind it, i think there is also a group of people who go around baggin some one else cause they are different or do something different to them self .. its life.

(LEFT HANDERS ARE RETARDS..jks! :D )

sram001

Likes Dirt
Gekigengar said:
We mountain bike riders arn't like this so why are people who are skaters BMXer's and any other form of street sport gives us shit.
What are you talking about? Haven’t you ever come across the rivalry between BMX and MTB in street and park type riding, I went to a downhill race where there was a beautiful set of downhill dirt jumps where I asked the owner if next time, I could bring my BMX. I was rudely told no because of the conflict that may erupt between the two parties. Same thing goes on at skate parks between skaters and BMXers. You may be innocent but others arn't.

eternalgorias

Likes Dirt
" PPFFFT BIKES.. what a load of crap!"
These guys will be lucky to ever have any more than six inches between their legs. Some people have no idea about the sport or it's technical progression.

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
eternalgorias said:
These guys will be lucky to ever have any more than six inches between their legs. Some people have no idea about the sport or it's technical progression.
So you've skated?

Dirt Devil said:
What we need is a group we can all hate on equally. Like fruit booters.
Bwahahahaha How about terrorists, or the bush administration, or is that the same thing?

"Just ride whatever you can get your hands on" :D :p ;)

Last edited:

fleshbone

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thats life,and it can suck.so long as you keep your self standing high and sad to say but always be weiry of others,you should come out fine.it's not fare,but we have to deal with it.

DeanE

Likes Dirt
I think that it sucks, i grew up in a skate envoriment (sp) and skated for 5years. and seen all my baging out bmxers and mountain bikers at the skate park. but that all changed after a serious knee injury so i started to ride and got into it, but now if i go past the skate park im getting bag from my friends beacuse im not riding a skatebord anymore. i just think that is s*** that beacuse im on 2 wheels im getting rep. evan if ur doing sick tricks there are always the "too cool" skaters that mouth every one, i just keep riding

eternalgorias

Likes Dirt
Mahoney_007 said:
So you've skated?
yeah I own a deck, never really got into though, none of my mates ever skated, so I eventually lost interest. My comment wasn't aimed at skaters just people who genrally can't keep there mouth shut and have the attitude:
you mention you ride their first reaction is 'or motorbikes?' which i do but when i also add that i am really into pushbikes i just get a blank stare. they all seem to think that pushbikes are for your sub 12 year old catergory
. It's their individual ignorance of the sport that peeves me geeves.

Mahoney_007

Likes Bikes and Dirt
^^^

Yar wasnt really having a go at you personally mate, just its easy to piss and moan about a certain group of people cause you think their sport is shit, and until you actually step aboard whatever it is they are riding you may never realise your actually way out of your depths.

I used skating as the example as, well its the hardest thing I have ever tried.

Rock out....

madmike1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yer well i use to skate then i stopped cause i found i suked at it ( 1 year later) So i soon got into bmx than found out i was to big and i dident really like do trials on my little bmx so i got a dj/street bike. Ok heres the deal, we have this little skate park near my house called Belbowrie and theres a shit oald of skaters and sh*t there every day, I went do there and they just start saying " or ur gay you ride mtb's f of head to the moutnains" bla blah blah, So i just keep riding. The next thing you know the bmxers are trying to hit ya, than they start throwing ice ( i dno there drugies?) lol, So i end up riding as fast as i can into this (leader dude) and manuals into his fkn face. (I think this is apporite at the time) Then i leave.

I hate the fuker at skate parks but some times they just try to piss you off so much you just gota hit them. But all these fags go to Kenmore state hight the druggy skool in brisbane well besides indroppilly ( not saying all kenmore people are druggy just the skaters and shit...

Red Rocket

Likes Bikes and Dirt
ashhash said:
Then I did this X-up bitch slap on his ass and fully tail whipped him in the balls yo!

Bwahahahhahaha snot came out of my nose a laughed so bloody hard then. Top one mate.

Skaters don't like us riding their parks. It happens everywhere. Next time they try to skate your downhill trail you can yell abuse at them.

madmike1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
lol yep, But its not there parks its everyone's theres only really 1 good skate park in bris where you don't get ragged, Jindolee

nizai

Likes Dirt
Gekigengar said:
This made me think. We mountain bike riders arn't like this so why are people who are skaters BMXer's and any other form of street sport gives us shit.
I dunno about that, MTB'ers seem to give shit to lycra wearers and roadies, so how is this any different? :D

Fact is, you get people like that in any sport.

N