what to build on my trail?

ok, ive got about a 50m run in from under a 10ft cliff, then some flat ground. ive already decided to drop the cliff or roll in from under it. anyone got some ideas of what to build one there using nothing but dirt?

Timmy B

Likes Bikes
i'd probably drop the cliff (more fun)
50m isn't heaps of room but you can still do a bit.
what's the terrain like?
is it rocky or uneven? are there trees in the way you may need to berm around?

Reubs

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well if we all tell you what to build, how is it going to be "your" trail??

Look at the lay of the land and any other natural features. How do they relate to the type of things you like to ride? go from there, start small and slowly build up to something. Check out the trailbuilding page on here, theres heaps of ideas and how-to's. Watch some dvd's!

If you can't get any ideas from any of that, maybe you just arent cut out to build trails! ;)

ok, we have not alot of rock, soft dirt and clear land for about 150m including run in. im just trying to get some more ideas. im thinking about making a gravity fed pump track down the side as well as a main line. its basically just flat land with alot of trees

Timmy B

Likes Bikes
what you've got is pretty good.
the pump track is a good idea.
should be a mad track once finished.
put some pics up when its completed and riden.

switchback berms maybe?
northshore if appropriate,
try putting some natural obstacles on it aswell,
-log rides
-stone & rock placement
if there is a slight drop, be different. You don't always have to make a drop,
try a step down jump or something,
or even a northshore roll down.
hope i helped:D

well, that sounds good, we do have a big rock there about 2m high and relatively smooth so i could wallride it, the only thing is that i think step ups will be a mission to build. i have considered north shore but we are right next to two fire trails, which council rangers frequently patrol, so i gotta keep it looking natural to a point. ill try get pics of what ive got to work with. 10ft is do-able, but with our run in we cound probs do 25 with a decent booter

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
build like a berm track with little pumps in the middle of each berm or even jumps from berm to berm, those sort of things are always fun

on the other page i have some links to pics. one is the run in to rock berm the other is what i have to deal with. i can make a pump track snaking down but i need more ideas for the main line

yeah i probably will. ive decided to build 2 lines. one snaking down the hill, one going straight down into the flat

im planning making some tight high speed berms and some tight flat corners to sharpen my drifting skills

i might go start the pump track tomorrow since there probably wont be many people out

dirtrider_

Likes Dirt
yeah i probably will. ive decided to build 2 lines. one snaking down the hill, one going straight down into the flat

im planning making some tight high speed berms and some tight flat corners to sharpen my drifting skills

i might go start the pump track tomorrow since there probably wont be many people out
Is that because you don't want people to see you building it? Sounds a bit shifty (illegal)....tell me if im wrong

yeah its not a legal trail. but there are alot of other trails around there and i dont pull up any native plants. couple people around here have been trying to get some legal stuff built for years and the council is treating me like garbage and not responding to my emails. anyway i did start the pump track, so far i have the run in, small rock garden to berm and an off camber section.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Oh for fucks sake, mods lock this thread.

I think it's quite god damn clear. Don't post your illegal trails! I don't care if you have the bestest excuse in the world ...

Tyler!

Likes Bikes and Dirt
i think you should build a pit of flames...

they always make illegal trails that much more intense...