What should I buy?

willis26

Squid
Hey Guys,
Im only new on RotorBurn, so a bit of help would be good.

I have been riding for 6 or so years now and I am currently riding a custom 2010 Giant Trance.

I think its time to start looking for a new bike!

I mainly ride aggressive XC, trail and little bit of All Mountain.
I have been looking at all of the new 27.5 bikes and have heard good reviews on the wheel size.
I have a pretty good price limit but nothing to crazy.

I don't know if carbon or alloy either.

I have been looking at the new Giant Anthem advanced SX.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!!

Shadow Puppet

Likes Dirt
Hey Guys,
Im only new on RotorBurn, so a bit of help would be good.

I have been riding for 6 or so years now and I am currently riding a custom 2010 Giant Trance.

I think its time to start looking for a new bike!

I mainly ride aggressive XC, trail and little bit of All Mountain.
I have been looking at all of the new 27.5 bikes and have heard good reviews on the wheel size.
I have a pretty good price limit but nothing to crazy.

I don't know if carbon or alloy either.

I have been looking at the new Giant Anthem advanced SX.

Any suggestions would be great, thanks!!
Firstly, what's a "pretty good price limit"?

One mans cheap, is anothers expensive.

Last edited:

stirk

Burner
I've got a custom 2013 Giant Boulder you might consider.

Tyres: Maxxis Icon rear, Maxxis Ignitor front. Home made guards front and rear, all black in colour and looks awesome!! Shimano Saint flat pedals, looks like a stealth ninja bike if a ninja rode a mountain bike that is.

Parts not installed but available as a discount on the asking price cause they are taking up space in the shed, original pedals and wheel reflectors.

Price: $10,000 without the original pedals and reflectors.
Only $350 with those dodgy parts thrown in as a sweetener.

willis26

Squid
Trance

Went into my local bike shop last night, and I think iv decided to get a new Trance Advanced 27.5 1.
Its a little bit over my price limit but I think it will be worth the extra money!

stirk

Burner
I've got a custom 2013 Giant Boulder you might consider.

Tyres: Maxxis Icon rear, Maxxis Ignitor front. Home made guards front and rear, all black in colour and looks awesome!! Shimano Saint flat pedals, looks like a stealth ninja bike if a ninja rode a mountain bike that is.

Parts not installed but available as a discount on the asking price cause they are taking up space in the shed, original pedals and wheel reflectors.

Price: $10,000 without the original pedals and reflectors.
Only $350 with those dodgy parts thrown in as a sweetener.
Common man, the Boulder only weighs 12 kg and I'll put helium in the tyres too, makes it even lighter!!

Rider_of_Bikes

Likes Dirt
Go the the 2014 norco sight carbon. Depending on your height there is still stock left. This bike has reveived many accolades from many sources.
I'm sure you could land one in your budget and still have enough money left to treat the missus and earn some brownie points.