What rims are you all running / noting to be lasting

speedyjonzalas

Likes Dirt
Hey folks,

I've been trying to decide what rims to go for as I have a good crack in my rear 721 and am not sure what to go for.

I was looking at nukeproof generators and was hoping to get some yellow ones but it seems they are sold out of nearly everywhere unless you are willing to pay stupid amounts over the usual price. I may consider getting some black ones as they are in stock though.

Other options are 721's again though I have gone through a couple now and am not sure if I want to continue with them.

As my budget is low Im looking at CRC to get them from. There is too much choice though so opinions are needed. I only ride dh and do it every week so they need to be up to it. 32 hole as well if that makes a difference.

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I like the MTX 33, I know a few people who have run them for a couple years and they haven't even dented let alone cracked.

guitar1234

Likes Dirt
I like the MTX 33, I know a few people who have run them for a couple years and they haven't even dented let alone cracked.
The Nukeproof rim is just a re-branded MTX 29, which are pretty capable of cracking.

I'd try some 823's, strong as sh!t and you can run them tubeless, so the weight you gain with an 823 over a 721 is pretty much eliminated.

MTB Wanabe

Likes Dirt

T-Rex

Template denier
721. - Lost cause.

823 - nearly indestructible, and you can run the same spoke length as your 721s, so just relace it across.

MTX - cheap and cheerful, a bit soft and prone to dings, but flip side of that is less punctures.

Alex. Haven't run them, but have a couple of heavy, hard riding mates who reckon they are as tough as nails. Can be hard to find in Aus.

TWE. Haven't run these either, but again have some hard riding friends who swear by them.