What Part Should I get Thread

del

Likes Dirt
Deharts and tierra v2's are both cheap atm, which frame is better for all round park riding (mainly bowl/ramps) , i dont do whips or flips or anything. Will a tierra feel stupid low after stepping off a WTP "recon" frame?

Help appriciated!
I don't get the whole deal with it 'feeling too low'... It's not as though you are sitting or standing on your toptube, so it wont feel any different until you start to do whips or similar tricks. A low top tube wont change the feel of a frame, it will only give you more clearance. The dehart has quite different geometry and feel to a tierra, so why not try out a heap of few frames and decide what type of geo you like/suits you. The eddie is closer to a tierra than a dehart if you are wanting a fit.

I have a tierra in a small size and its great for nibbly tricks and nosey type of stuff. It is manageable in a bowl or quarter but its not as stable as something bigger. Just remember a tierra isn't the be all and end all of 'making it easier'... they are a nice frame and very nimble but don't be deluded about how amazing they are. Think hard about it, i'd only get one if you enjoy riding minis and doing techy sort of street, no ape gaps and huge rails etc as they are a niche frame, moreso than most on the market today. For park - bowls and quarters, i'd look elsewhere than a tierra. BB, short rear and compact TT don't suit that style of riding.

edit-
Dehart is probably better suited with more traditional geo, but it's up to what you like the feel of more.

Last edited:

I_EAT_DIRT

Likes Dirt
Yeah, i see what you mean, i can't ride street, not even if my life depended on it, i only ride park, and occasionally trails, so yeah, i reckon the dehart might be the better out of the two for me.

GUMP

Likes Dirt
is the tierra a grande model or just a normal teirra? i had a grande and it just felt like a normal frame to me not twitchy or anything like that, was a good frame just not suited to me

howie_two4

Likes Dirt
Okay holmes, in the market for a new frame.
There are two that have caught my eye in recent times, the Proper TTL v2 and the United 40 HT. Any good/bad reviews about these frames? Any other frame suggestions would be appreciated also. Not into the idea of a low tt, they feel whack. Mainly ride park.
Cam :)

Zac0

Likes Bikes
eclat 2 piece.

wethepeople 3 piece.
Haha not really the answer i was looking for.
My LBS has some no name cranks 48 spline no pinch bolts and they look pretty clean for $150 but they come in 2 piece or 3 piece. so i was wondering which is better?

Jordan.

Likes Dirt
My LBS has some no name cranks 48 spline no pinch bolts and they look pretty clean for $150 but they come in 2 piece or 3 piece. so i was wondering which is better?
Three piece fo sho bro;)

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
spend an extra $50 and get some wtp royals.

jono_69_9

Likes Bikes
hey guys, read the stuff on the royals.
but what would be the better, wtp royals or the strictly bitch cranks?
both 200 bucks, and according to strictly within the last 5 years of selling them they havn't got one pair returned, so thats saying something about them obviously.
or should i go with some royals ?
either are pretty good and good for value of money.
but which ones should i buy :)
cheers.

Spitfire84

Likes Dirt
both 200 bucks, and according to strictly within the last 5 years of selling them they havn't got one pair returned, so thats saying something about them obviously.
cheers.
Up to you id say, their both a good pair of cranks

SSC

Likes Dirt
Ok I am looking to get a new frame for two reasons, I had a ride of a 21 and 21.2 inch frame and i like the feel compared to my 20.75. I also want a lower top tube compared to my sunday. I stumped on frames, I had a look at a tierra and they look good but i have never ridden one. could i get some suggestions on frames.

P.S:preferable not a super low top tube, as they do not appeal to me that much.

rhysrhysbaby

Eats Squid
cheers.
Id ride both.
much of a muchness really.