What do you want to see more of in DH racecourses?

S.

ex offender
Well?

[whinge]

Personally I want to see:
- More gaps and stuff, where you can save time by jumping an obstacle
- Hard but fast lines with chicken lines for the novices
- REAL JUMPS - never ridden any DH courses cept for the ones down here in Vic, but personally I'm getting a bit sick of these little 2ft high kickers that launch you all of 3 feet upwards and 5 feet forwards. The new jump at Granton may help fix this :D
- More just-plain-hard stuff, like at Mt Bolton (good job Club MUD).

[/whinge]

P.S. I haven't had the chance to build a track of any kind yet... not having a car restricts where I can get to (cos I'm 16), and being in yr 12 doesn't help either :(
But believe me, I WILL be out there building tracks as soon as I can.

Adi

It's my birthday!
perhaps this should have been in the downhill forum but who cares....

Yea more jumps, faster lines and chicken lines, technical sections, (get moves for busting tricks?) More obstacles, never raced, but plan to when i get a new bike :)

PS: socket, you are 16 :shock: , you know so much!

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Building a good track is harder than it looks, what u need is nice flow. It takes a while to get the hang of building a track cause after each track u discover what works well and what doesnt.

Flow is the key! oh, and variety :)

belly_up

Likes Dirt
i think chicken lines are critical (being a bit of wuss myself). You should never force a rider to do something that they're not comfortable doing. it might seem like a piece of piss for the guys who are good, or those that have ridden the track heaps, but as far as i'm concerned, any rider should be able to ride the track fairly blind, without a huge risk of injury or death.
If you don't do that then all you're going to do is scare off the younger (or older as the case may be) riders who skills are still developing.

S.

ex offender
Insane said:
perhaps this should have been in the downhill forum but who cares....

Yea more jumps, faster lines and chicken lines, technical sections, (get moves for busting tricks?) More obstacles, never raced, but plan to when i get a new bike :)

PS: socket, you are 16 :shock: , you know so much!
Actually yeah, I didn't think of the DH forum :oops: sorry!

I agree, chicken lines with big/gnarly sections would be cool. Put a 20 or 30 foot double in, but make a chicken line for those of us who are afraid to hit something like that.

Yeah I'm 16, I don't really know that much... just what I've picked up here and there. There are many, far more educated people around!

Yum Cha Racing

Likes Bikes
i think what we need are wider tracks with heaps more lines.....most of the tracks i have ridden have one line and maybe a few sections where you can come into the corner a little wider of a bank or something but it's generally pretty much everyone doing it the same whereas looking at world cup tracks on videos and stuff they are like fireroad width and have lines everywhere. Less pedaling would be good to but that can be harder to work out depending on the hill.

socket, where you at in melbourne?? when you get around to building a track me and a few mates would love to help out if you want?

Ty

Eats Squid
haha nice one oppy, how'd you go on the weekend? i got a some pretty good footage of you hitting the opptimiser at the end of the race.

Oppy

Likes Dirt
I had a pretty slow one I think, don't know my placing but did a 1:46 with a couple of mistakes. Winning time was like 1:29 and some change but had fun in the mud. I havn't raced in rain like that for a while 2 inches of water running down the track and half foot deep puddles in places. Good to put a face to the name Ty, I would like to see that footage some time. Is it a digital camera or video?

Ty

Eats Squid
yeah oppy it was good to meet ya, that track was crazy, any budding track builder out there should note that riding down a river sucks, i though i was gunna get crap in my eyes but the water was running fast enough that it was clear and actualy cleaned as you rode, would of been a good day to have some tearoffs. 1:46 was a popular time, myself and jamie got 1:46 also, i think i should step up to B grade next time.

frank-oi

Likes Dirt
well an ideal track would be the new(well old mt beauty 2002 nationals track) with the old (96 97 98 what ever the year ) track on the end of it. they are by far the funest and hard at the same time trackes to ride .but rekon lots of lines but not nessceraly real wide a track mega amounts of dust that all you need i think with at least a 50-70 km finish with a speed camera on it. thats a good track.

S.

ex offender
Yum Cha Racing said:
warrandyte......it's near ringwood

im not real geographical so is that close?
Between Warrandyte and North Balwyn, you have Park Orchards (depending on where in Warrandyte you are), then Donvale, Doncaster, then me. 15-20 mins drive in normal traffic.

josh

Likes Bikes and Dirt
wide open like a world cup track perhaps? where multiple lines can be hit....no narrow singletrack type stuff....thats what he means (I think)