What do you eat before you ride?

bell.cameron

Likes Dirt
During the warmer months I think most of us would have taken up earlier rides. So what does everyone have for breakfast before they ride? The good old 4 weetbix is getting a little hard to swallow, and yogurt with some oats, nuts and seeds leaves me feeling ready to chuck at the top of the first climb.

Might add milk isn't exactly at the top of my list of favourite things either..

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Turkish bread, toasted, baby spinach, bacon, boccincini cheese, 3 poached eggs, sea salt, ground pepper and a dash of Worcestershire sauce. 2 triple shot lattes.

Then a lie down, I'll ride tomorrow.....

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Same thing I have every morning... Big bowl of porridge and a cup of real coffee.

Can't really cope with anything more elaborate in the morning - I have trouble enough with basic reality, adding in rich or complicated food only leads to confusion.

quin66

Likes Dirt
It's always a 45 min or more drive for me to any trail so a large flat white and blueberry muffin while in the car.

Minlak

custom titis
i took a muesli bar once on a ride, had it at the half way point. then soon after the prairy dogs came barking at thr back door chasing me. never again :tape2:
I only drop the Cosby kids off at the pool once a day and that's always at 5am :) so no issue there

stirk

Burner
Chlorophyll drink - tastes awful but it's my placebo against getting stitches, seems to work too.

Post ride, BBQ and beer reward.

Calvin27

Eats Squid
Chlorophyll drink - tastes awful but it's my placebo against getting stitches, seems to work too.
Me too! Not quite the same, but blended some bananas, spinach (pretty much chlorophyll right?) carrots and pear/apple. Super light but enough sugars and fast digesting bis to give me the kick I need.

Then a bar mid ride.

After the ride is where it all gets a bit messy - usually KFC, Hungry Jacks or some sort of dirty food. These days a little bit of Buxton burger due to the awesomeness of that particular trail. After lunch is a strong latte to make sure I can make it home without falling asleep behind the wheel.

stirk

Burner
Trust me, the chlorophyll drink while good for you is not kind to the taste buds, ugh it's punishing!

Makes me feel dirty, makes me feel like a vegan for a moment.

Why do I drink the stuff if it's so awful you ask, it is alkaline and counteracts all the black coffee I drink in the morning, it also contains magnesium.

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Interesting... I always get a stitch if i eat before a ride, so most mornings have to head out with an empty stomach.. Ok for an hour, but then hit a massive wall.. Might try this Chlorophyll drink?

DMan

shawly the least hangeriest guy on rotorburn
Interesting... I always get a stitch if i eat before a ride, so most mornings have to head out with an empty stomach.. Ok for an hour, but then hit a massive wall.. Might try this Chlorophyll drink?
Bananas. Can't go wrong with bananas. Full of magnesium too.

stirk

Burner

There are a few different brands, the spearmint flavoured ones in my opinion are the foul tasting ones. https://www.google.com.au/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=liquid+chlorophyll

A friend put me onto the chlorophyll saying the acidity from the coffee I drink can encourage stitches and so the chlorophyll will to some extent neutralize the acid.

As my blood is 5 parts coffee I can't stop that habit without going into shock, so chlorophyll I drink. Makes you poo dark green too!

I don't know if it's true but I very rarely get a stitch now but then again I am a lot fitter now than when I got stitches.

If I do eat anything at all it will be a small banana - nothing else.