What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
After a few rides on my Spur lately, I have been feeling sketchy on the XC level Time pedals. The Speciale 8's on my other MTB's have all the same confidence inspiring 'easy' release characteristics that have had me on Times for 15yrs but have the added bonus of keeping my feet flat with no sideways rock, also when descending, the pins lock your feet to the rubber soles on trail shoes and let you move around without compensating for feet that feel like they are skiting around on ice. Then slight unweight your foot and the Time float kicks back in, allowing an easy unclip. Now got 8's on all MTB's.

160g penalty over the Ti spindle XC's... the weight weenie in me could feel that extra 160g when lifting the bike back up on its storage rack :p

PXL_20240316_044529709.jpg

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Nice 20km ride round Kalamunda again with some of my usual crew.
Nearly 30 at 7am and no proper rain in months meant it was dusty as hell and big bogs of pea gravel, including on the runout of some jumps where my wheels actually left the ground, which was fun.
A few Strava cups too, which is a bonus.
A lot of the riding I’ve been doing lately has been more undulating rather than up the down, and I’ve been really enjoying it.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Wrong forum? Nah. This transcends forums.
I love this kid and everything he’s about.
For context "MATTHEW FAIRBROTHER takes the win after 6 days of enduro racing, with his personal total of 582km and +17,300m of elevation, versus 165km and only 4245m of climbing for everyone else"
That’s an average of 97km per day and 2,880m climbing... every..day

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
For context "MATTHEW FAIRBROTHER takes the win after 6 days of enduro racing, with his personal total of 582km and +17,300m of elevation, versus 165km and only 4245m of climbing for everyone else"

Watching updates on IG. Kid is bonkers and seems pretty down to earth as well. Safety reasons they wouldn’t let him strap his bike to the kayak and they transported it for him, good call as he ended up with water and a few fish in the kayak at the end. Amazing effort.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Watching updates on IG. Kid is bonkers and seems pretty down to earth as well. Safety reasons they wouldn’t let him strap his bike to the kayak and they transported it for him, good call as he ended up with water and a few fish in the kayak at the end. Amazing effort.
And he was saluted by a pod of dolphins half way over. Reading some kayakers comments suggestion that the top heavy bike strapped to the kayak was a death trap.

Second day after stage 2 think it was he finished the stage with a blood nose and collapsed. Medics forced nourishment into his body (his own food as he only ate what he could carry or buy) and then proceeded to win the rest of the days stages.

He is certainly made from different stuff.

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland

Yep Fairbrother is something else. Quite amazing achievements (both this and the fact he "commutes" on his enduro bike between EWS/EDR races).

mooboyj

Likes Dirt
Got out for a spin near John Forest and almost had a spew at the top of a long climb. Felt so so off, rolled back to the car after that. So so so farken hot here in Perth at a55hole o'clock. God I hate this place :/

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
In an effort to further ostracise from member on this forum (or maybe add more credence to the Gravelburn moniker) I partook in a Gravel race on Saturday, the Outer Wombat Gravel Race (I only did the 50km). Whilst I was not totally unprepared, I was certainly erring towards the less side. The course stated that there was 600m climbing, on the day it was over 1000 so that hurt a little (highlight being the 200m climbing over 5km). Also in an awesome effort of self sabotage I decided that sleeping the night before was not really needed and managed to have a very restless night, catching maybe 4 hours of shut eye. All that aside I rode with a mate who is way fitter than me and waited at the top of all climbs and it was in a very pretty location (Woodend) so it ended being an enjoyable day out.

Normal business shall resume Tuesday as I continue to come last in MTB racing as opposed to my coming near last in a gravel race. They say a change is a good as a holiday

slider_phil

Likes Bikes and Dirt
3 weeks back on the bike and now the first race ticked off for 2024. Woodend is always a good time, love the natural trails out there. Those switchbacks towards the end can eat it though. Did it alongside the wife for the first lap then had a dip on the second lap to see if I could wake up the legs. Second lap hurt, but so much fun. Got a mate up in Wodonga so a good excuse to catch up and do the back to back Shifty Fifty's in Yakandandah a go, Yak day one, Indigo Epic the second, that's definitely going to hurt.

2024-03-18 19_50_25-Dashboard _ Strava — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Had an suv swing across two lanes to push me into parked cars, had a bus swing out of a side street into me, then the same bus close passed me a few minutes later. The bus driver I caught at the next stop for a polite education focused chat - but seeing as he got agro and defensive he got a written complaint to the bus company.

Just another day cycling in straya... :rolleyes:

cammas

Seamstress
I took mine for a spin around town yesterday after fitting the new tyres, I now have random high frequency noise coming from the front rotor which comes and goes by itself or if I pull the brake, so I now have to take off the front wheel and check what’s going on.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Had an suv swing across two lanes to push me into parked cars, had a bus swing out of a side street into me, then the same bus close passed me a few minutes later. The bus driver I caught at the next stop for a polite education focused chat - but seeing as he got agro and defensive he got a written complaint to the bus company.

Just another day cycling in straya... :rolleyes:

Gotta love being a cyclist.

I took mine for a train ride and a pedal to camperdown to visit a friend. Then a ride along Sydney harbour from glebe Park. Not any of the issues that haaaaaaaaakers faced, but there was an unusually large amount of people staring at me as I rode around. Most of them with a look of confusion (I'm assuming they don't often see a middle age person enjoying riding their bike?) akin to me having used toilet paper stuck to my face and not noticing.

oldcorollas

Levin the moment
Gotta love being a cyclist.

I took mine for a train ride and a pedal to camperdown to visit a friend. Then a ride along Sydney harbour from glebe Park. Not any of the issues that haaaaaaaaakers faced, but there was an unusually large amount of people staring at me as I rode around. Most of them with a look of confusion (I'm assuming they don't often see a middle age person enjoying riding their bike?) akin to me having used toilet paper stuck to my face and not noticing.
they're too used to MAMILs?

Stredda

Runs naked through virgin scrub
In an effort to further ostracise from member on this forum (or maybe add more credence to the Gravelburn moniker) I partook in a Gravel race on Saturday, the Outer Wombat Gravel Race (I only did the 50km). Whilst I was not totally unprepared, I was certainly erring towards the less side. The course stated that there was 600m climbing, on the day it was over 1000 so that hurt a little (highlight being the 200m climbing over 5km). Also in an awesome effort of self sabotage I decided that sleeping the night before was not really needed and managed to have a very restless night, catching maybe 4 hours of shut eye. All that aside I rode with a mate who is way fitter than me and waited at the top of all climbs and it was in a very pretty location (Woodend) so it ended being an enjoyable day out.

Normal business shall resume Tuesday as I continue to come last in MTB racing as opposed to my coming near last in a gravel race. They say a change is a good as a holiday
I've done the Devils Cardigan 50km twice on the Eeeb now. Contemplating doing the 106km on the Stumpy this year. 2300m of elevation might be a tough day in the saddle. o_O

cammas

Seamstress
You probably think that's for your protection. It's actually to make it easier to center you in the bullbars.
Yep totally agree with you on this, I use to think being seen was the answer but I think best thing to do is either look like a bogan who’s lost his license or be inconspicuous as possible, you know baggy shorts and shirt or t-shirt still with lights etc but definitely no Rapha.