What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

yuley95

soft-arse Yuley is on the lifts again
Curious to know what you think about the rotors. Galfers get my attention every time.
Well, they’re straight so that’s a good start. My Magura rotors were pretty shot and had a ‘pulse’ coming from one of them.

I changed the rotors and the pads at the same time so not sure I’ll be able to attribute any change in feel to rotors specifically but I’ll try and remember to update after a few rides.

For a start, going from worn rotors and pads to new 2mm rotors and new pads has created a pretty firm lever with zero dead stroke. It bought me out a couple of times a I yanked on the brakes and hit full power straight away.

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Well, they’re straight so that’s a good start. My Magura rotors were pretty shot and had a ‘pulse’ coming from one of them.

I changed the rotors and the pads at the same time so not sure I’ll be able to attribute any change in feel to rotors specifically but I’ll try and remember to update after a few rides.

For a start, going from worn rotors and pads to new 2mm rotors and new pads has created a pretty firm lever with zero dead stroke. It bought me out a couple of times a I yanked on the brakes and hit full power straight away.
You shouldn’t have no free stroke on the lever I think - perhaps the pistons not pushed all the way back in?

cammas

Seamstress
I rode mine on the weekend for the first time in 6 weeks :D but only the second time in 14 weeks:confused:
It was only 23K’s and 300 meters of vert but legs did feel it, probably didn’t help that when I got home I worked in the garden for 4-5 hours but those weeds aren’t going to weed themselves.

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Not today but last week/the weekend. Finally accepted that the Saturn 11 was too big for me and while running an xc bike with a 45mm stem makes for a very on trend downcountry vibe, the fit and handling never did quite hit the sweet spot. Cue another Jonny Sprockets bargain, this time a brand new Revolver 120 frame and Factory DPS for relative peanuts. Rides good. If anyone wants a matching pair of Nicolai frames, hit me up.

IMG_1423.jpeg

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
From the weekend:
signal-2024-01-26-164917_011.jpeg
My brother in law showed us some trails at Red Hill. The eldest kid managed to keep up with his uncle on the downhills. His mum had to walk a couple of bits... we ran out of water (kids were thirsty) and the lollies I packed were devoured.
We got a shuttle to the top of Arthur's Seat and had a blast riding down Sawtooth.
Mr Canary did a stellar job of riding with the youngest kid on a shotgun seat. The youngest did a great job of holding on through the chunk.
The 17km we rode is the furthest the eldest has ridden on his own bike.

We are all keen to return.

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
From the weekend:
View attachment 406549My brother in law showed us some trails at Red Hill. The eldest kid managed to keep up with his uncle on the downhills. His mum had to walk a couple of bits... we ran out of water (kids were thirsty) and the lollies I packed were devoured.
We got a shuttle to the top of Arthur's Seat and had a blast riding down Sawtooth.
Mr Canary did a stellar job of riding with the youngest kid on a shotgun seat. The youngest did a great job of holding on through the chunk.
The 17km we rode is the furthest the eldest has ridden on his own bike.

We are all keen to return.
Wow... gutsy effort by all... particularly 17 Redhill ks on little legs and Mr Canary taking your youngest on a shotgun seat.

My grandson rides a shotgun seat on my Kona, and I can't imagine doing that at Redhill.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
For the last plenty of years lots of my friends and associates in japan have been encouraging me to bring my bike over in the warmer months. Each year I think maybe I should, and the I see promotional materials like this one and am reminded japan doesn't quite get mountain biking...

20240130_123519~2.jpg

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Not today but last week/the weekend. Finally accepted that the Saturn 11 was too big for me and while running an xc bike with a 45mm stem makes for a very on trend downcountry vibe, the fit and handling never did quite hit the sweet spot. Cue another Jonny Sprockets bargain, this time a brand new Revolver 120 frame and Factory DPS for relative peanuts. Rides good. If anyone wants a matching pair of Nicolai frames, hit me up.

View attachment 406546
What size?

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Been itching to get for a ride for weeks, managed it this morning despite a thunderstorm and torrential downpour last night.
Tested out the new Noolbenger trails in John Forrest national park.
18km of nominally green trails, but more elevation than I get in my normal session at Kalamunda.
No features at all other than berms, so a very XC trail and me being overtaken by a peloton (I think that’s the collective term) of whippets in lycra on short travel bikes
A solid first ride to ease myself into the year, and a good one to get some kms into my knees

Had another go at this on the weekend, and did the loops in the opposite order so added a couple of kms.
Still really like the trails - enough changes in the type of trail to keep things interesting and less rocky than Kalamunda, although thats to be expected given it's a green, albeit on the bluer end.
Was a shitload dustier than a couple of weeks ago, and stupid me decided that I didn't need pads so of course I slid out and sacrificed some skin and knee mobility to the trail gods. That'll teach me!

rextheute

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Okay so I rode it …after doing gardening / paving on the weekend I felt good, over the last month I’ve lost a little bit of weight - but can get into my old shorts - which is a Win .
So , I found out , it’s sooo much fun , but the last 3 Kay’s were a bit harder .
Will go again , once my arse has toughened upneed to do some short rides for a couple of weeks .
rear shock is shot , need / want me front shock - had fitted some more mellow reckon race tyres - they are ok , roll a bit quicker than magic Mary’s , and why are ebikes so bloody heavy , or I am way weaker !

Attachments