What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
I can always grab a beer from the fridge :cool:

New pads and break in ride, still had the finned Shimano since Tassie 12 months ago after I killed 2 sets of TS Power on the Blue Tier waterfall.

Uber Race Matrix, phenomenal difference. Now used all 4 pack of pads I got a few weeks ago.

Roll on the Uberbike New Year sales for some e-Matrix.

View attachment 405472
The Bin Chicken has been on a diet

Last edited:

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
Rode it. First time in over 2 months. Fitness wasn't as bad as I thought. But my head wasn't in it unfortunately. Too busy thinking it might be new job day soon due to the fact my 2 weeks Xmas leave is about to be ruined by the incompetence of management. Fucktards. Anyway...

Inaugural ride on the Transition "Smout".

Compress_20231219_213138_8332.jpg

@wkkie might be onto something for us non racers. Really enjoyed the 27.5 front and rear.

Last edited:

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode it. First time in over 2 months. Fitness wasn't as bad as I thought. But my head wasn't in it unfortunately. Too busy thinking it might be new job day soon due to the fact my 2 weeks Xmas leave is about to be ruined by the incompetence of management. Fucktards. Anyway...

View attachment 405481

@wkkie might be onto something for us non racers. Really enjoyed the 27.5 front and rear. Short
Great shot!

27.5 has something for racers too :)

wkkie

It's Not Easy Being Green

View attachment 405481

@wkkie might be onto something for us non racers. Really enjoyed the 27.5 front and rear.
I must have just missed you out there yesterday. For some reason I decided to go for a bit of distance, for me anyway. Did a big loop. Luckily I decided to take the dually, hardtail would have had me in a world of pain!

The trails themselves were Goldilocks. Perfect mix of grip and compaction.

It was the first outing on the Katipo since returning from Derby. I went to put the bike in the car, went to take the front wheel off and no dice. I must have hit the end of the axle at some point and the mech won't compress enough to get through. I'll have to take it apart eventually and slip it out, see what can be done with the pliers.

I'm suspecting I have the 160mm air shaft installed as well, instead of the 170mm that I ordered. They want me to pull it out and measure it, so might as well do it all together.

IMG_20231219_105236.jpg

fjohn860

Alice in diaperland
I must have just missed you out there yesterday. For some reason I decided to go for a bit of distance, for me anyway. Did a big loop. Luckily I decided to take the dually, hardtail would have had me in a world of pain!

The trails themselves were Goldilocks. Perfect mix of grip and compaction.

It was the first outing on the Katipo since returning from Derby. I went to put the bike in the car, went to take the front wheel off and no dice. I must have hit the end of the axle at some point and the mech won't compress enough to get through. I'll have to take it apart eventually and slip it out, see what can be done with the pliers.

I'm suspecting I have the 160mm air shaft installed as well, instead of the 170mm that I ordered. They want me to pull it out and measure it, so might as well do it all together.

View attachment 405494
You were there around midday I assume? Dirt would've been mint then.

I didn't get there until 5pm to find post-hero dirt. Was still pretty good. But the wind and sun had dried up alot of the moisture in the ground.

Jabubu

let you google that for me
Plan B!

r2-bike had run out of stock of the Continentals so I had to switch to Bike Components and my tyre list is now -

Schwalbe Magic Mary Super Trail Soft 29x2.4
Schwalbe Hans Dampf Super Gravity Soft 29x2.35 x 2

I've missed out on the PNW Loam XL grips and Schwalbe soap, but I've gained a set of e*thirteen Quick Fill tubeless valves.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
On the weekend I took a couple if the neighbours kids out for a spin (gotta get the yoof hooked) and mid way I got swooped.

I thought to myself "that's weird, bit late for Magpies" It was right near an easy jump I wanted the kids to try so I stopped. Another swooping.... Hmmm I look for the maggie, actually that's a Falcon not a Magpie.

He's coming in for another swoop so I figure I'll eyeball him as that will stop him. I look up and this bugger is dropping straight down with murder in his eyes, it was amazing to watch, except for the pure intensity!
At that point I suggested to the lads it might be time to move on.

I can't say I ever been scared of a bird but this little champs intensity on murdering me actually made me uncomfortable.

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Plan B!

r2-bike had run out of stock of the Continentals so I had to switch to Bike Components and my tyre list is now -

Schwalbe Magic Mary Super Trail Soft 29x2.4
Schwalbe Hans Dampf Super Gravity Soft 29x2.35 x 2

I've missed out on the PNW Loam XL grips and Schwalbe soap, but I've gained a set of e*thirteen Quick Fill tubeless valves.
Still waiting for e*thirteen to release the schrader Quick Fill valves. Not as good as a full shcrader, but still better than the alternative…

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rotorua Day 2 was not much riding but the rafting was great, withe the 7m drop being a highlight. Perfect weather to float down the river for a spell too!

Day 3 (today) and I thought I'd found a shortcut from where we are staying to the trails. Said shortcut turned out to be an up hill nightmare which ended up with me climbing about 550m in 5km. In 10 less kms than Day 1, I managed to climb 200m more. Starting to really regret not hiring an e-bike (I'd say about 65% of everyone I've seen so far has been on one, probably the perfect the terrain for them).
Callsign is now Goose as I am super cooked. Time for a quick spa and then going to see some hobbits.

1703119276860.jpeg

1703119302027.jpeg

1703119325620.jpeg

1703119349877.jpeg

(think they've overcooked this one - I'd say it was an ok road, not a nice one...)
1703119402374.jpeg

(no I was not dumb enough to attempt this one!)
1703119437591.jpeg
:p

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
I'm no ornithologist but prob just a Brown Falcon - I think all birds of prey are really cool, we have a big Tawny mount owl hoo regularly stays near our place which makes me happy. Around here you always see the Falcon's hunting out the paddocks, just didn't expect it to be me.

Careful...you'll be learning something from this type of talk.

I had a tawny frog mouth that used to sit on my balcony rail from time to time. I haven't seen it for a long time.

Somewhere in the last year the plague of corellas we had here also vanished. They had been around for much longer than a migratory stop over.

Currently have what we suspect is a letter wing kite at one venue living off pests in a small patch of grass and a large sea eagle patrolling to rock ledge below.

Rotorua is looking awesome @mike14 ! Did you fly into Rotorua or somewhere else?

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Careful...you'll be learning something from this type of talk.

I had a tawny frog mouth that used to sit on my balcony rail from time to time. I haven't seen it for a long time.

Somewhere in the last year the plague of corellas we had here also vanished. They had been around for much longer than a migratory stop over.

Currently have what we suspect is a letter wing kite at one venue living off pests in a small patch of grass and a large sea eagle patrolling to rock ledge below.

Rotorua is looking awesome @mike14 ! Did you fly into Rotorua or somewhere else?
Flew into Auckland and drove down. Family of 4 so we needed 2 cars to fit the bike bag, but it's worked nicely so far going us bothe freedom to roam

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Flew into Auckland and drove down. Family of 4 so we needed 2 cars to fit the bike bag, but it's worked nicely so far going us bothe freedom to roam

Not bad. I haven't been to Rotorua for ages. That drive goes on! Was wondering if they were back to landing in Rotorua again.

Jpez

Down on the left!
So work and lyf were shitting me so I decided I needed a couple days RnR in Bright. Was Also keen to check out the rebuilt Mystic DH and new trail palace of Love.
Did a shuttle day yesterday. 3k descending and mostly on the ‘top’ trails. I’m hammered! Palace of Love is a short bit of black fun. Steep skinny single track. Almost a flow trail. Bit of a climb back to the road though.
The new Mystic DH into Boogaloo into lower Mystic DH is fuckin unreal! Super steep, fast and not chewed the heck out like World Cup is- yet.
They’ve also done a tickle up on Worldcup in places too but it’s still chunky AF.
Woke up this morning and did a pedal up back to the top to get me some double black for brekkie! Got the heart started that’s for sure. By the time I got through Boogaloo my hands were cooked.
Packed up and went to Beechworth to check out a DH trail I’ve been wanting to get to for a while. Wasn’t disappointed! Fast, lots of slabby granite, jumps, step ups, step downs and shonky woodwork to boot!

That ended the day with a 1000vm climbing and descending. Coupled with yesterday’s 3k descending I’m about ready for a Bonnox and bed!

Did I mention the Madonna is an absolute beast? It loves chunky.

Obligatory photo from the launch pad and ‘Bustang’

IMG_0382.jpeg
IMG_0388.jpeg