What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

nathanm

Eats Squid
pulled the trigger on the Brand X hardtail frame for the kids and jaynes hardtail/commuter build. stupid old standard rear end meant 3 different orders to accommodate the 135qr rear and 15x110 front wheels. now I just need to source some drivetrain parts as I have a 10 speed rear derailleur and shifter, but it's shimano b spec and I have SRAM Level brakes and its not going to all fit together.

DougalStrachan

Likes Dirt
Wife -"A friend has an old bike and she want to get back into riding. Can you have a look?"
Me - "Sure"

<sigh>
Perished tyres - check
Seized gears - check
Crunchy hubs - check

at least the brakes work

Lucky I have some old commuter tyres, I'll chuck some new cables in, give it a once over and see how it goes. I forgot how damn heavy some of these bikes can be!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Wife -"A friend has an old bike and she want to get back into riding. Can you have a look?"
Me - "Sure"

<sigh>
Perished tyres - check
Seized gears - check
Crunchy hubs - check

at least the brakes work

Lucky I have some old commuter tyres, I'll chuck some new cables in, give it a once over and see how it goes. I forgot how damn heavy some of these bikes can be!

View attachment 372015
Had that happen a while back too, and was presented with an Aldi special not dissimilar to that. I considered it a challenge to get the gears and brakes working reliably and smoothly!!