What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Jpez

Down on the left!
Hope rotors... IRRC about 1.75mm, it looked like it was going to disintegrate with any brake pressure, I was seriously worried... love, love, loved the days descending but was happy the rotor lasted.

Maydena is a different place, reckon I will hire a Canyon Sender DH bike next time.... which will be Dec 2019 / Jan 2020.
I just booked In for a trip at Easter. 2nd trip.
Hired a Strive last time and had a ball.
Was curious how a Sender would go so agonised a bit over which hire bike this time.
But ended up with a Torque. Which is pretty well a mini downhill bike anyway.
Maybe I should go a Sender. Decisions....

Ultra Lord

Hurts. Requires Money. And is nerdy.
Was curious how a Sender would go so agonised a bit over which hire bike this time.
Go the sender!!! DH bikes are next level

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Get the sender. It will make your life easier.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Get the sender. It will make your life easier.
So the Blurb on the Torque is that it’s the perfect Maydena bike. @Oddjob you took your DH bike down there hey. So you reckon a Sender is definitely the way to go?
DH bike harder to throw those tight berms?

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
So the Blurb on the Torque is that it’s the perfect Maydena bike. @Oddjob you took your DH bike down there hey. So you reckon a Sender is definitely the way to go?
DH bike harder to throw those tight berms?
Sender is definitely the way to go. Maydena is brutal on your body and having the extra squish helps to preserve your strength. The berms aren't that tight just steep and often very fast.

Torque or shorter travel bike is good if you are very fit and very used to steep tracks. Ie spent some time in Whistler or Queenstown.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Jpez

Down on the left!
Sender is definitely the way to go. Maydena is brutal on your body and having the extra squish helps to preserve your strength. The berms aren't that tight just steep and often very fast.

Torque or shorter travel bike is good if you are very fit and very used to steep tracks. Ie spent some time in Whistler or Queenstown.

Yeah I spent a few days there last Labor Day weekend so definitely know how tough it can be on the body.
Never ridden a DH bike before I was worried It might be a pig but I like the steeps and hit it fast so I’m convinced. Gonna change the hire booking to a Sender.

mtb1611

Seymour
Couple of hours at Kentlyn with a mate, great ride - that place really punishes you though, there's very little flat riding, it's either up or down and always rocky. Good fun though.
Had a slight off and took a bit of bark off. Pretty ugly section, was going a little quicker than I should've been, and for some inexplicable reason took the left line instead of the right at the end, despite having ridden the section dozens of time. Peculiar choice!

ashes_mtb

Has preferences
Had a great day of riding yesterday after Friday nights debacle.

Started with finishing the build up at the trailhead as the sun was rising. A few scavenged parts from the commuter got the old trail bike going.

Morning ride was at the Kalamunda circuit with a group on high end enduro style e-mtbs. Think the least travel was 150mm and the smallest tyres were 2.6's. At 80mm and 2.1's, I kind of felt like I'd brought a spoon to a gun fight.

Did about 26km starting at Black Stump, riding up Gunjin (I didn't have the legs and pushed the last 1/3, getting passed by the shuttle bus I should have taken). We descended down Lazarus and Alchemy, then crossed over to do the Scorpion descent, before finishing with a partial run down another Gunjin trail.

Was my first proper hit out on decent trails for a few years, but I found some confidence pretty quickly and by the time we hit Scorpion I was keeping up with everyone on the descents. Was happy to get away with no break downs on a fresh build and without crashing or hurting myself.

Backed it up in the arvo with my 5 year old. He received his first MTB at Xmas and this was his first off road trip on it (he has been off road before riding a 12" clown bike and 16" bmx). Did about 8km of green trails around Black Stump including some flowy single-track descents, and then a play at the pump track. I'm really surprised how quickly he's improved, having only dropped training wheels late last year (which was a struggle); he very quickly started looking for rocky sections to hit.

He was keen to watch some MTB vids when we got home, which rounded out the day nicely.

Chriso_29er

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Beat the 37 deg heat and got out at sunrise for a ride on the Silvan trails Mt Dandenong.
People everywhere doing the same thing, was great to see. Its usually very lonely lol.
Had a suprise off trail excursion at high speed after landing awkward after a drop, but avoided all trees and didn't lay it down :)

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
"I got 99 problems but a Shimano XT ain't one.." What happened?

They're about 6 months old. Mate was riding at stromlo last week and the lever came to the bar all of a sudden. Bleed didn't fix it so sent it to eurocycles for assessment and they've replaced it but we fly tomorrow and didn't get it Friday

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Raced the Coomealla Roll-the-Dice team event this morning. Team of two alternate laps, rolling dice at the end of each lap, highest points win.

2.2km lap meant around 4 1/2 minutes between laps. Then sit and wait. Nothing like Sunday morning interval training o_O

Good Ol Workmate who hasn't ridden for 18 months, let alone raced, wished the lap was a bit longer. Reckons I was trying too hard for a 'social' race :D

Didn't win the race, but I did win the raffle :p