What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Minlak

custom titis
Made it Dirty ....

Not wanting to be tarred and feathered with the Chopsticks curse of "Yes its a lovely bike but do you ride".

I actually rode it and put it away dirty.
90 minute ride with 35 mins of storm rain :)

Dirty.jpg

takai

Eats Squid
Went out and hit up Stromlo again today:

Managed to roll the rear Larsen TT off the bead coming down Pork Barrel. Popped a tube in it and off i went again. But jetlagged/shortsighted me didnt pack any more Stans... ergh.
Tubes it is for the rest of the week.

Jim Junkie

Used to sell drugs, now he just takes them
Finally got some time to run a bit of a service on the Blur so:
  • Bled the brakes
  • Clean & lube drivetrain
  • Re-goop the tires
  • Fix some chain tension issues

The brake bleed has been on the books for almost a year now, glad I finally got around to it. The Saints were a piece of piss compared to the Juicy's I bled last time, so much easier.

Other bits & bobs:
Wide narrow on the Reign & ordered up some Big Apples to finish the build to it's original intended spec'.
New cassette, middle ring & chain for the road bike, just so it can be sitting there ready to go if need be.

I think with that complete, my servicing is finally up to date. About time too.

ChopSticks

Banned
With the brand new SRAM 11spd i figured I'd start rotating chains to maximise cassette/drivetrain life!

big thanks to Pushie Ent (same guys doing KS Lev's) who also bring in a tool brand called Unior....
Quality is on par... If not better than Park tools!

OIL

Likes Dirt
Cleaned the new build. Then put on its very first decal..plus a Gobi saddle in reverse colors to match the Pivot

Last edited:

soontir

Likes Dirt
Cleaned the LG1+ I just bought.
A little weight to the bike but if it stops that chain drop I'll be happy.

Will attempt to put it on this afternoon but I don't see that happening.

OIL

Likes Dirt
wow - that is one sweet looking ride OIL. what is it? REEB?
Silverback Frame (Germany). Stripped it and dad painted it for me, it's my first 29er so didn't want to go nuts splashing cash on something I've bagged for so long... Had a couple of rides and it's bloody fantastic.

rone

Eats Squid
With the brand new SRAM 11spd i figured I'd start rotating chains to maximise cassette/drivetrain life!

big thanks to Pushie Ent (same guys doing KS Lev's) who also bring in a tool brand called Unior....
Quality is on par... If not better than Park tools!

Those chain checkers are light years ahead of Park Tools offering

I'm having dramas getting the maxle lite with push spring adjust to be threaded into forks tight enough and still be able to flick lever into 11/12 o'clock position any ideas??:frusty:

link1896

Mr Greenfield
Mocked up a cut down pm to pm 203 adapter to get the pads contact to 200mm centreline rotors right, then milled another adapter down to suit. Bled and swapped out the sintered pads for organics. Took it for a fang at Lysterfield, impressive initial bite and no fade.

Last edited:

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
I'm having dramas getting the maxle lite with push spring adjust to be threaded into forks tight enough and still be able to flick lever into 11/12 o'clock position any ideas??:frusty:
If it's anything like my axle. Take it out, hold the axle in the left hand and handle in the right. Should be able to push the axle in towards the handle and rotate. Adjust to where it needs to be. Hopefully that helps.

If it's anything like my axle. Take it out, hold the axle in the left hand and handle in the right. Should be able to push the axle in towards the handle and rotate. Adjust to where it needs to be. Hopefully that helps.
that part i understand but when i thread it back in all the way across forks the lever is too tight to flick up. Its on brand new pikes. i had to unthread it slightly then tightened it and its set to 2 atm

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
that part i understand but when i thread it back in all the way across forks the lever is too tight to flick up. Its on brand new pikes. i had to unthread it slightly then tightened it and its set to 2 atm
Keep playing around with it until it works. Adjusting slightly then trying it.

Klips

Likes Dirt
you can adjust the tension of the spring in a maxle light using a 3mm allen key on the inside of the lever. Wind it back two clicks, try again, repeat until it's tight but not too tight.

rone

Eats Squid
you can adjust the tension of the spring in a maxle light using a 3mm allen key on the inside of the lever. Wind it back two clicks, try again, repeat until it's tight but not too tight.
That's the old one. He has the new one.